Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Today is The Birth of Rome

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Today is The Birth of Rome Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Today is The Birth of Rome - 1/30/2013 3:58:05 PM   
Philkian

It’s finally here! Ageod is proud to bring its newest release to computer screens worldwide. Birth of Rome is the ultimate turn-based strategy game set in the early days of Roman’s quest for domination. It comes with five huge scenarios from the 3rd Samnite War in 298 and 291 BC to the long and arduous First Punic War that raged from 264 to 241 BC.

The game uses the AGE engine and is a full standalone release, based on the Alea Jacta Est gameplay mechanics. It is a true simulation where players are challenged to create armies and fleets, organize and maneuver them, sustain and reinforce them. All the time taking into account military, economic, political and diplomatic parameters.

“We are excited about this new release”, said Philippe Malacher co-founder of Ageod. “It’s a very interesting period of history, with lots of interest worldwide. We keep trying to come up with original games set in periods that players love and Birth of Rome is a perfect example of this”.

Birth of Rome features five scenarios and features a particular emphasis on fleets and sea power, as they are vital to ensure control of the seas and maritime supply. As a full standalone release, Birth of Rome does not require Alea Jacta Est.

Game Features

• Ancient Command System (based on Alea Jacta Est), allowing for a good representation of historical army command in the Roman era.
• Quick and simple Construction of Units, allowing players to choose and purchase their forces as they wish (or can).
• Decisions features, playable on the map, like wild cards assets
• Diversified set of historical events, allowing multiple events and options, hereby enhancing flexibility and re-playability.
• Different updates and other rules, in particular combat system adapted to the Ancient warfare.
• Map: all of the Roman Empire and neighboring lands, with over 2800 different regions and seas, a lot of room for maneuver.
• Over a thousand of leaders and units with specific pictures.

For more information check out the dedicated product page
Post #: 1
RE: Today is The Birth of Rome - 1/30/2013 8:46:05 PM   
ETF

Bought it but what is this pilmus or whatever site. Can't seem to D/L my copy....arrgh. Tried 7 times. Win 8/ i7.

My Top Matrix Games 1)CMANO 2) War In the East/Pacific AE 3) Ageod's ACW 4) Panther Games

Twitter PC Wargamer
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

www.facebook.com/wargamesimulations

(in reply to Philkian)
Post #: 2
RE: Today is The Birth of Rome - 1/31/2013 5:27:18 AM   
Ralzakark

Just to be clear as I'm interested in buying these:

- Do both games have the same game engine, so same set of rules? I don't want to have to learn two slightly different games.
- If they use the same game engine, is the intention to keep them both patched to the same level?

(in reply to ETF)
Post #: 3
RE: Today is The Birth of Rome - 1/31/2013 2:19:27 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Ralzakark,

They do use the same engine, and we intend to keep them at the same version.

Andrew Loveridge

Production Assistant

(in reply to Ralzakark)
Post #: 4
RE: Today is The Birth of Rome - 1/31/2013 2:32:13 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

ETF,

Have you checked on our Support Page FAQ or started a Helpdesk Ticket?
We would need more info on what is actually happening to to know what you can try to fix the issue.
One thing that sometimes works is to switch browsers, some combinations of browsers and Window versions seem to have issues with Plimus' downloads. They are trying to stay on top of this, but new updates to them can change how they interact.

Andrew Loveridge

Production Assistant

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 5
RE: Today is The Birth of Rome - 1/31/2013 6:50:07 PM   
Ralzakark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

Ralzakark,

They do use the same engine, and we intend to keep them at the same version.

Thanks Andrew!

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Alea Jacta Est Series >> Today is The Birth of Rome Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI