I am currently in a game as the Germans versus AI French/Swiss, and have a few questions/suggestions:
1) I was not untill I entered Adincourt, that I spotted the first French forces. Were they not supposed to move into Swiss territory to help them?
2) I chose to play with French armor, and as soon as I spotted them, I attacked with my Stukas. As they were too far north, they had no Swiss fighters covering them, and they were massacred. It seems that my bombers will be able to attack the French without fear of interception. Perhaps the French should have a few fighters, or do they have adequate AA, that I haven´t spotted yet?
3) The Germans have no rail capacity, which I could really use. But this might be intentional?
5) The description of the Victory conditions does not tell me when the game ends. I can only see it in the Victory Report in the log or when the turn starts. Slight oversight :)
4) I am unsure what the intention behind the VP distribution is. It seems that you can either go for A) all the French VPs and Bern VP , or B) all of Switzerland and most of the French VPs. Option A seems more achieveable (still early in the scenario)and historically plausible. Especially if the AI Swiss will withdraw to their mountain strongholds, you only need to fight the French and those Swiss units defending Basel and Bern.
Is option A your intended plan and the rest of the Swiss VPs are just for flavour, or am I missing something?
First of all thanks for playing my scenario :)
1). Yeah, they were supposed to enter Swiss territory, but i suppose that they for some reason choose to defend only their own VPs. I don´t know... I might have to force the AI into some action.
2). The French have some fighters, albeit not many, and the Swiss have some too. I have put on the allies help each others air defence rulevar, so they should intercept German attempts at attacking stuff through the air. Maybe you just ground their airforces to dust? As for adding AA: that would be unhistorical...
3). Yes, the germans have no rail. This is because i saw it fitting that An Army group did not have trains, and that only OKH did. And OKH is far too busy with the fighting in Belgium, Holland and at the Maginot to allow trains... But if this should become a common request (you are the 2nd person mentioning it) I might give some sort of rail transport. Either via card, or via a few trains at Army Group D.
4). The idea behind VP distribution is that you have to take Bern, and alot of the French VPs, at least. Getting to France, and pacifying the Swiss, are the main goals of the game. It used to be that the VPs would require you to take both Besancon and all the Swiss VPs, except the fortresses. But I changed it so that players playing the French / Swiss would not just hoard units in Bern and Besancon, making them miniature Stalingrads.
If you have any suggestions for improvements I am very open to ideas :)