Terror of the Tyne Tees Supply Bases

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

dazkaz15

Terror of the Tyne Tees Supply Bases

Post by dazkaz15 »

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me the supply situation in the Terror of the Tyne Tees Scenario for HTTR.

My query in particular is addressed to the, KG Hoffmann Regimental Base situated to the North of the map, and west of the highway.

It doesn't appear to supply any of the Hoffmann troops? It appears to only supply 59 Fusilier Battalion that enters as reinforcements later.

I was actually wondering if it was meant to be on the east side of the Canal to supply the KG Jungwith boys that show up on that side, and who are immediately cut off from supply due to the blown Bridges.

Or is the whole idea of the scenario meant to be that the forces have been cut by the Allied thrust up the Highway, and I need to sneak them back across, probably during the night, over the marshes to get back in supply again? Or maybe its a lesson in Ammo conservation while trying to hold of the US Airborne lads while holding the Woensel Objective?

The scenario briefing mentions the HG Heinke Bn as being cut of in the East but nothing about the Jungwith Bn north of the Canal, which makes me think even more that the KG Hoffmann Regimental Base might have been accidentally placed on the wrong side of the canal, by the Scenario Designer.

Or do you think I should just shut up wining and enjoy the challenge [:D]

It doesn't really detract from the enjoyment of the excellent fictional scenario, that sees a defensive action, where you begin hopelessly out numbered, and out gunned, in a purely defensive action on the west side of the map. Then get to make a powerful thrust into the Allied rear from the East with Panthers, and I think I even saw a few tigers in the mix

The trouble is I'm still trying to learn the game and find the supply situation in this one playing as Axis very confusing.

Return to “Command Ops Series”