Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: COTA

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: COTA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: COTA - 4/21/2013 2:10:29 AM   
simovitch

I put a request with the developers to get you folks a dump of what vehicles and weapons bitmaps are needed.

Once we have that, I will post the bitmap dimensions needed and get you folks going. Thanks for the offer to help, this is really the last hurdle to jump for the COTA remake.

simovitch

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 31
RE: COTA - 4/21/2013 12:57:42 PM   
Arjuna

Here's the Equip List for COTA.

Attachment (1)

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 32
RE: COTA - 4/21/2013 2:21:40 PM   
simovitch

OK folks:

The images should be bitmap and they should be dimension 96x48.

If more than one person is volunteering to do this, please coordinate with each other using a single log.

Use Dave's equipment list as the basis for a log that will tell us which bitmap is associated with which piece of equipment or vehicle. Bitmap names should be descriptive of the equipment they represent.

Please provide periodic updates of the log. Let's try to get as much progress as possible by Friday May 3rd (this year) to give me the weekend to seed the new estabs.

Thank you!

simovitch

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 33
RE: COTA - 4/21/2013 11:49:40 PM   
Tophat1812

I've already grabbed some images off the net regarding the establishment needs listed. Getting good photos of the various German trucks has been frustrating,think I'll try some of the listed links and update this. I'm just trying to help the effort along because I wish to buy the updated COTA myself! Don't expect any discount but I'd shamelessly would like to be considered to help beta test the eastern front game when that time comes.

Aside from wodin who all is involved in operation "get those photos"?

And are the parameters "real photos",not art or model pictures. Color would be good,but not a must?

So as not to add to simovitch's task load do we consolidate our efforts into one listing before sending it to simovitch? Wodin do you want to be the coordinator of the effort?

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 34
RE: COTA - 4/22/2013 1:24:05 AM   
Arjuna

Thank you to all who have offered to help track down images for COTA.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 35
RE: COTA - 4/23/2013 12:09:59 AM   
Tophat1812

First section of 31 German vehicles I have found images for and will convert to bitmap and re-size to 96x48. This goes from top of list at Kuebelwagon to PzKw VI B Tiger II....Done

Next step is renaming each bitmap image to be descriptive of what the image represents. Doing this next

What is the "Log" format that is needed? Is it simply following the establishment list of needed photos?

Is anyone else doing this? If so how do you want to coordinate efforts?

Finally where are we sending the finished work to?

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 36
RE: COTA - 4/23/2013 2:05:58 AM   
simovitch

Tophat1812:

Log format can be whatever works best. MSWord, notepad, excel, whatever.

zip it all up and send it to me when you are done. simonitch<at>sbcglobal<dot>net

PM wodin and dazkaz, they seemed willing to help.

simovitch

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 37
RE: COTA - 4/23/2013 2:51:25 AM   
Tophat1812

Sounds good then and the first group of German photos are done,just have to finish converting/sizing and editing description. Certainly wish people took more pictures of trucks that were not wrecked or burnt-out.

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 38
RE: COTA - 4/23/2013 10:30:56 AM   
wodin

Sorry. I had plenty of time on Saturday and Sunday (had all day for both days) to get loads done..but got no reply until Sunday about it..so not sure now when I will have time to do anything.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 39
RE: COTA - 4/24/2013 8:20:21 PM   
Tophat1812

Well now that the whole pricing episode seems to be calming down. Is anyone else working on the equipment photo issue? If so shall we coordinate so as not to duplicate efforts?

Currently I have the first 31 German equipment photos done and converted to bitmap images. Just renaming the items and then will send this first group to simovitch for approval,comments and any further directions/corrections. Once that is done starting on the British/commonwealth section going straight down the list Arjunta provided.

Anyone else working on this or intending to? If yes,please start from the bottom of the list provided by Arjunta and work up,we'll meet in the middle and get this puppy done.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 40
RE: COTA - 4/27/2013 1:32:18 AM   
Tophat1812

First group of 31 photos sent to simovitch. Feedback on if this meets requirements would be appreciated as second group of 32 is close to ready.

Have the first 63 photo images acquired,31 photos resized to bmp format and size. One question item: 7.5cm Inf howitzer? What nationality? Is it the 75 mounted on U.S M3 HT?

Anyone else who wanted to work on this project the first 63 items on the list posted by Arjunta are already done. At this point anyone else please start from the end of the equip list for COTA.

< Message edited by Tophat1812 -- 4/27/2013 3:52:14 AM >

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 41
RE: COTA - 4/27/2013 4:10:06 AM   
Arjuna

Tophat1812,

Many thanks for the effort you are making. It is much appreciated. I am sure Richard will get back to you with any specific feedback. Thank you.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 42
RE: COTA - 4/27/2013 4:38:55 AM   
Tophat1812

Not a problem Dave,I actually like looking through the photos. The whole copyright issue has me passing over many really good pics.

I printed that equip list out that you posted and it turned into 6 pages. I am currently done now with page one,63 items/photos and am working on page two. Even if nobody else gets involved I should have all completed before May 3rd.

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 43
RE: COTA - 4/27/2013 7:40:26 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tophat1812

Not a problem Dave,I actually like looking through the photos. The whole copyright issue has me passing over many really good pics.

I printed that equip list out that you posted and it turned into 6 pages. I am currently done now with page one,63 items/photos and am working on page two. Even if nobody else gets involved I should have all completed before May 3rd.

Well you will have well and truly earnt your free copy of the Greek and Med packs.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Tophat1812)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> RE: COTA Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI