Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Lack of arments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Lack of arments Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Lack of arments - 2/3/2013 3:59:42 PM   
turtlefang

My error. The Soviets have to pass admin checks to get resupplied. Must have been thinking of a different game. Here's the rule. In 41, they have to pass two admin checks; in 42, on admin check.

The point is still the same. A truck shortage lowers the amount of supplies units get. Due to the admin checks, the shortage gets higher or happens more often. This results in more supply checks, and less supplies getting to the front. Which then requires more supplies the next turn. Which requires more trucks.

For example, if the admin rating is 7; in 41, that requires two checks so the probabity of getting supplies in 41 is .7*.7 = 49% chance of getting supplies in 41. So fewer supplies in the units which means more trucks carry supplies the next turn which means more damaged or lost. And so on.

20.3.2.1. SOVIET AMMO SHORTAGES
To simulate Soviet ammo shortages in the early part of the war, Soviet units in 1941 and 1942
must conduct a leader admin check when resupplying their units with ammo. In 1941 they
must take two successive checks, in 42 one check. As ammo is distributed, if the check fails,
then 50 percent of the ammo is lost during conversion from supplies. If both checks fail, 75
percent is lost.

(in reply to Von Weber)
Post #: 31
RE: Lack of arments - 2/3/2013 5:24:20 PM   
Von Weber

Now things getting clear. Thank you turtlefang for explanation.

(in reply to turtlefang)
Post #: 32
RE: Lack of arments - 2/3/2013 7:01:03 PM   
morvael

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt flam

as you there is no need to attack without success
your def being 25+ in each hex need full assault each time
few INF really useful, work must be made by panzer/moto
hungary & rumania hold a part of the front
italian are too scrappy, keeping fort maintenance

Now the goal is 35+ in each hex . I believe this is the way to go, not a carpet of 1=1 divisions. My math skills tell me it's a better approach.

Sorry for off-topic.

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> RE: Lack of arments Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI