Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: lincoln

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: lincoln Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 6:06:21 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Missouri_Rebel

Don't tell me how it ends.

There is a list of credits at the end with a musical score.
warspite1

Thanks a bunch...no point in seeing now

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 181
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 10:18:25 AM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

It sure is!!!! Orm it was just a joke!!
quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I over reacted and shouldn't have said anything at all. I don't have a problem with anyone except for maybe the Dutch as I have said before. I do enjoy reading post but should learn to just stay out. May I still call you pudding pants ?
warspite1

Me too.

Quite right too - only one thing I can't stand more than those who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and that's the Dutch.

Can you call me Pudding Pants? Why rogo727, coming from you sir, I would consider it an honour.

I also hate intolerant people. Especially people I hate. And let's not discuss the filthy Dutch.
warspite1

How 'bout no, you crazy Dutch *******

Yeah. Those Dutch are ***** ** *******! And they are so intolerant.
warspite1

Yeah and they all wear these, all the time...the crazy Dutch *******

No wonder they hate everyone. Stupid people!
warspite1

In order to rid the forum of intolerant people, who I cannot tolerate, I vote that we ban the Dutch from ever posting here again. That'll teach the crazy Dutch *******.

No more Dutch! Are you with me forumites? Grab your torches and pitchforks - we gonna drive intolerance from the forum...

It is about time we clamped down on intolerance. From this point forward no one of Dutch origin may post on this forum. This rule includes all people are 1/128th, or more, Dutch. Any person who has less than 1/128th Dutch blood may apply for special papers.

I sound like the oh so tolerant people in the U.S. that do things to the left of center.
warspite1

Well I think the plan is working...haven't seen any Crazy Dutch ******* on the forum today.

And those intolerant Dutch scum better hope we do not see them around here. By the way, I am not comfortable ignoring some other groups. It is intolerant to hate just one race, country, creed or region. What say you??
warspite1

Old people... I don't like old people...Crazy Old *******. Grab your torches and pitchforks (again) we are going to drive these peeps from the forum in the name of er...tolerance.

I agree. I hate old people mainly because they are intolerant of younger people. And if there is one thing I can't stand it is intolerant people. Pitchfork in hand.

Wow this must be the most imbedded quotes I've seen yet!

I know it was a joke.

I just felt it had been going on now for a while and got concerned that someone didn't get the joke and got offended so I just wanted to post my support of the Dutch people. No offence was intended.

Note that I can imbed even more quotes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your Captain speaking. We have a small problem. All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them going again. I trust you are not in too much distress. - Captain Eric Moody

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 182
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 3:49:07 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I look forward to watching it. Just out of curiousity, how many of the posters in this thread have actually seen it?

I have seen Lincoln twice. It is a captivating movie, with no "action" as we expect from modern cinema. Instead we have a study of just what Lincoln was thinking, why and how he resolved the obvious conflicts he faced with those decisions he made. It is a character study as much as anything else. But just because I say it lacks action is not to imply it is less than riveting. The audiences I was with watching this movie held their collective breaths(except during Lincolns stories)! Daniel Day Lewis delivers an absolute mind-blowing performance as Lincoln. The viewer has the sense of actually watching Lincoln on screen. There are a lot of laugh out loud moments from the stories Lincoln tells, especially the one about George Washington's picture being in a British water closet. Lincoln had to do a lot of back room deals, an outright bribery, in order to get enough Democrats to vote WITH the Republicans to pass the 13th amendment. This under the table dealing is rarely mentioned in history, and it shows Abraham Lincoln to be a master.

You must see the movie.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 183
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 5:44:03 PM   
Gary Childress

quote:

quote:

DANG! Well there's no point in me seeing it then.

Favorites and/or other Great Games from Matrix :

1. War in the Pacific/ Admiral's Edition
2. Panzer Corps
3. Commander: Europe at War
4. John Tiller's Campaign Series

Post #: 184
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 6:20:04 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Thanks a bunch...no point in seeing now

Not only that but Lincoln lives. Most people don't know this but Booth's gun misfires. Mary Lincoln, tired of living like a queen, spirits Abe away. They both settle in China and live out their lives in TOTAL anonymity.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 185
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 6:29:55 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Please see post 181

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 186
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 6:32:41 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Please see post 181

Please see post 185, I want everyone to know the truth.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 187
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 8:49:27 PM   
warspite1

I like Lincoln Park

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 188
RE: lincoln - 2/3/2013 9:16:35 PM   
parusski

quote:

I like Lincoln Park

Yeah, great car.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 189
RE: lincoln - 2/4/2013 12:48:15 AM   
rogo727

Took the wife to see the movie and I will say she stayed awake which is a good thing. I had to pay to see both Gettysburg and schindlers list twice because she asked me to many questions during the movies. The thin red line she simply fell asleep and band of brothers had to much action to fall asleep. I will give it a A-. I will buy it when it comes out on blue ray

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 190
RE: lincoln - 2/4/2013 1:35:30 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

I had to pay to see both Gettysburg and schindlers list twice because she asked me to many questions during the movies.

Believe me, I've had to do this in the past too.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to rogo727)
Post #: 191
RE: lincoln - 2/4/2013 6:19:11 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

I had to pay to see both Gettysburg and schindlers list twice because she asked me to many questions during the movies.

warspite1

ILS why were you taking rogo's wife to the pictures. By my reckoning she's seen Gettysburg and Schindlers List four times now!! No wonder she fell asleep.

Post #: 192
RE: lincoln - 2/4/2013 4:02:54 PM   
parusski

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

ILS why were you taking rogo's wife to the pictures. By my reckoning she's seen Gettysburg and Schindlers List four times now!! No wonder she fell asleep.

HAHAHA. Yeah ILS, what is this thing with rogo's much better half?????

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 193
RE: lincoln - 2/4/2013 5:37:11 PM   
rogo727

Lol warspite the second time I went by myself! I forgot to mention war horse a movie she actually liked!
quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 194
RE: lincoln - 2/6/2013 3:35:24 AM   
Gary Childress

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Please see post 181

Well you beat me to the punch. Congrats.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 2/6/2013 4:08:42 AM >

Favorites and/or other Great Games from Matrix :

1. War in the Pacific/ Admiral's Edition
2. Panzer Corps
3. Commander: Europe at War
4. John Tiller's Campaign Series

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 195
RE: lincoln - 2/7/2013 8:26:31 PM   
Capt. Harlock

I hesitate to revive the debate, but there's an interesting editorial on CNN today:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/07/opinion/seymour-movies-history/index.html?hpt=op_t1

(The main beef is the inaccuracy of the vote of the Representatives from Connecticut.)

To add my own two cents, the "peace commissioners" were never empowered to offer a surrender, which meant there was no possibility of an immediate peace. Jefferson Davis sent them to get an idea of what terms Lincoln was prepared to offer, and Lincoln had already stated that the southern states would have to rejoin the Union and accept Federal authority. In other words, surrender of the Confederacy. Many historians believe that Davis simply wanted to get those terms as formal and public as he could, to re-energize the southerners into continuing the fight.

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 196
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: lincoln Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI