Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this happened to you?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this happened to you? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this hap... - 1/27/2013 6:03:59 PM   
Joel Billings

Michael T has reported several cases where Soviet Sapper units attached directly to Corps combat units have returned en masse automatically to various Soviet HQs. This has happened at least twice in his Multiplayer game with Pelton in early 1943 (of a 41-45 campaign). It appears to have happened sometime after he ended his Soviet turn and mid way through the German turn. Because this is a server game we have limited saves and it's hard to work with these saves to find the problem. Has anyone seen anything like this in their game (AI, PBEM or Multiplayer)? If you have, do you have saves before and after this happened that you could send to us (if vs AI or PBEM)? If you've seen this kind of behavior before, please let us know in this thread. If you've got saves, send them to 2by3@2by3games.com. We'd really like to be able to identify what is causing this problem. I don't remember ever hearing of anything like this happening before. Again, we are looking for engineering support units that are attached directly to combat units that are warping back automatically to HQs.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 1/27/2013 6:05:40 PM >

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this... - 1/27/2013 6:44:56 PM   
Flaviusx

It's worse than that, his HQs are vanishing into midair one per turn.

I have never seen either of these things happening before. These are game killing bugs. Is it possible this particular game is corrupted somehow?

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this... - 1/27/2013 8:35:10 PM   
Cannonfodder

Me and Kelblau have started a game under 1.06.25 a couple of days ago (now at turn 7 axis) and I have not seen anything strange happening. Ofcourse, I can't attach support units to combat units at this stage..

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this... - 1/28/2013 12:23:49 AM   
gingerbread

If a Corps (Rifle) was broken down and then recombined, the SU would end up in the HQ. As to why this would take place, I have no clue...

(in reply to Cannonfodder)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet engineer units moving back to HQs - Has this happened to you? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI