Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Unit ready to deploy" button not visible

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> "Unit ready to deploy" button not visible Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Unit ready to deploy" button not visible - 1/27/2013 5:06:12 PM   
Borsook

I started a game as Germany, when other countries join the Axis I added them as human controlled. When any of them build a unit the "unit ready to deploy" button is not visible, it is visible only for Germany.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
Post #: 1
I've Not Seen That Too - 1/27/2013 5:37:36 PM   
Omnius

Borsook,
Now that you mention it I've seen that little discrepancy about the units ready to deploy button not working for every country, mainly for major powers. It would be nice if it worked for every country.
Omnius

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 2
RE: "Unit ready to deploy" button not visible - 1/27/2013 6:17:56 PM   
doomtrader

Did you restared the game in the meantime?

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 3
I'll look at that - 1/27/2013 6:20:29 PM   
Omnius

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Did you restared the game in the meantime?

doomtrader,
I'll check for that, didn't really think of it while noticing the lack of that warning button for many countries.
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 4
RE: I'll look at that - 1/27/2013 8:50:18 PM   
doomtrader

I have made some quick test and it seems that the feature works properly. Could you please provide some more specific details about the situation?

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 5
RE: I'll look at that - 1/28/2013 2:15:51 PM   
Borsook

quote:

I have made some quick test and it seems that the feature works properly. Could you please provide some more specific details about the situation?

I restarted the game many times. Details... hmmm, basically like I said out of 4 countries set to human controlled only Germany can see the button. For Italy, Romania, Hungary etc. the button is not visible even though units are ready to be deployed.

"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
RE: I'll look at that - 1/28/2013 4:45:13 PM   
Nimrod 9th

I too have had this happen. I rarely play as Germany. I like to play Allied. I seem to note it most for the USA. But I've never looked for a pattern. I've learned to always check for new units regardless if the icon is there or not.

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 7
My Test Results - 1/28/2013 5:27:19 PM   
Omnius

quote:

doomtrader,
I did some quick tests with the 1.06 unofficial beta you released just before Matrix gave it to us as 1.07 and Borsook is correct, the feature showing us when units are ready to deploy is broken. I did two tests, one from a saved game file and one from a fresh start, both of the 1941 scenario.

I had saved the 1941 start so I could figure out how to get Finland at war with the USSR and Allies and vice versa, see my corrections in the Tech Support section. I started on turn 1 building two infantry corps that take one turn to build. I did the same for Italy, Great Britain, Canada, the USSR and the USA. I played all countries on human for quicker resolution. On turn 2 only Germany got the new units to deploy feature visible. I didn't deploy any units, just left them in reserve. I ran through about 4 turns building units for Bulgaria and Hungary once they had enough PP's to build an infantry corp. Turn after turn only Germany showed me the new units to deploy sign.

So I decided to test out your theory about saved games maybe impacting that feature negatively. Once again I started the 1941 scenario with all countries set to human. This time I ran through about 4 turns with no saving whatsoever. Once again I built units with the same countries that I did in the first test and the results were exactly the same, only Germany showed me the new units to deploy sign turn after turn. As before I didn't deploy any units.

Something is definitely amiss. It's almost as if the first country we play shows us the sign but then none of the other ones do, that may be why when I played very country on human I only saw the sign for Germany and not any of the Allies, USSR or neutral USA. Almost as if the first country where the sign pops up triggers some kind of instruction to ignore the feature afterwards for the rest of the turn or isn't resetting it for the next country that turn.
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 8
RE: My Test Results - 1/28/2013 11:25:18 PM   
doomtrader

I've just started new 1941 game as Germany and Hungary, bought units for both countries. Icons popups correctly.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 9
RE: My Test Results - 1/29/2013 1:49:22 PM   
Borsook

Could you test it on 1939? Plus, I changed the human/AI setting when loading a save game (the game initially was started as Germany only.

quote:

I've just started new 1941 game as Germany and Hungary, bought units for both countries. Icons popups correctly.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 10
RE: My Test Results - 1/29/2013 5:11:17 PM   
doomtrader

I've just started 1939 campaign (only German as humans), played till France has fallen and Axis minors joined.
Saved the game.
Load the game and set Hungary to Human (Germany still human).
Buy some troops as Germany and later in the same turn as Hungary.
Next turn the icon for Germany has popped up. I have deployed troops. Also for Hungary the icon popped up.

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 11
RE: My Test Results - 1/29/2013 5:47:56 PM   
Omnius

quote:

doomtrader,
I wonder if these interim "unofficial" patches are creating the problem, maybe something isn't going where it needs to and we're not seeing the new units popup. Of course when we take a malfunctioning car to the mechanic it sometimes seems to work nice for the mechanic.

I also wonder if the problem is the number of countries we humans want to play. It looks like you limit yourself to one major power, then add a minor. I had all countries on human and that could confuse it as all I ever saw was Germany show me the new unit popup.

One thing I like about Tof or SWiE is that we can play multiple countries or even all countries. I always hated the games that limited us to one major power and we had to endure watching our computer run AI minor allies run amok ruining our plans.
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 12
RE: My Test Results - 1/29/2013 6:50:17 PM   
Borsook

Well, that's great, but it does not work for me... I can provide you savegames or screenshots? Btw I'm using gamersgate version patched to 1.07
quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnius

quote:

doomtrader,
I wonder if these interim "unofficial" patches are creating the problem, maybe something isn't going where it needs to and we're not seeing the new units popup. Of course when we take a malfunctioning car to the mechanic it sometimes seems to work nice for the mechanic.

I also wonder if the problem is the number of countries we humans want to play. It looks like you limit yourself to one major power, then add a minor. I had all countries on human and that could confuse it as all I ever saw was Germany show me the new unit popup.

One thing I like about Tof or SWiE is that we can play multiple countries or even all countries. I always hated the games that limited us to one major power and we had to endure watching our computer run AI minor allies run amok ruining our plans.
Omnius

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 13
RE: My Test Results - 1/30/2013 5:09:08 PM   
doomtrader

Borsook,
If you could send me your save game, that might ease the evaluation

(in reply to Borsook)
Post #: 14
RE: My Test Results - 2/1/2013 2:07:15 AM   
Borsook

Here you have the save files, Italy's turn, a corps ready to deploy but no icon... I still don't know what's causing this, as in the same game I have seen the icon before for Italy. Manual convoys maybe?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3qjlllyyegtfb0v/ctwMqlnAhv

quote:

Borsook,
If you could send me your save game, that might ease the evaluation

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> "Unit ready to deploy" button not visible Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI