Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1945 Scenario Comments build 92

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> 1945 Scenario Comments build 92 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1945 Scenario Comments build 92 - 1/27/2013 3:52:10 PM   
Omnius

doomtrader,
I played the Allies this time and tried out the new improved nuclear blast effects. The reduction of the blast range to one hex and the reduced social unrest amounts make the use of nukes less overwhelming. Now getting 9 or 10 nukes per game and using them doesn't give the Allies such a huge advantage the way it did before your wise reductions. I also like the delay between finishing the nuke research and getting the first atomic bomb.

Taking out the two UK fleet carriers also made game balance better. Now the Allies can't totally dominate the Baltic area like before. I wasn't able to inflict such huge damage to that northernmost tank army and the Soviet AI did make it's normal northern attack wiping out the Canadians, sorry Canucks but Soviet hockey rules! The Soviet AI pushed to Essen before I stopped them but the Soviet AI did a poor job of defending Prague, Vienna and Budapest.

There sure were a lot of Soviet tank armies on normal level. A lot more than I could generate. I went more with Mech armies and prevailed with air power and nukes. A much better game than the version before.

I made the one normal correction of reducing the USA tech level to 4 from 5 and restored the two tech investment lightbulbs you took out after reading my initial comment about having those two lightbulbs remaining after the game looking dorky. When I look at the USA research screen after that adjustment on turn 1 the USA research looks consistent from top to bottom. It looks like the USSR submarine research needs one tech investment lightbulb since it has 5 progress, plus it would help with game balance and might inspire a human Soviet player to build some subs.
Omnius
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> 1945 Scenario Comments build 92 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI