Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

HTTR Scenarios unplayable?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> HTTR Scenarios unplayable? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/25/2013 9:29:31 PM   
navwarcol

Hello, I purchased this game recently. Very pleased overall with it. However, I have one issue. I purchased the entire package, BftB, and HTTR.. BftB plays fine, no issues. Every time however, I have tried to load any of the HTTR scenarios, there is a message that pops up that is it "converting" whatever the map for that scenario. It says "this may take a long time" BOY, it is not kidding. Thus far I have left it at one point for 2 days to see, it never finishes. What about a new game, must be converted before playing it? What is it converting TO? Does anyone have this issue?
Post #: 1
RE: HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/25/2013 9:38:28 PM   
Rosmarus

I believe this issue has been covered in the beta patch threads (provided that you have installed beta patch). It has something to do with the fact that beta patch code only directly converts BFTB scenarios and if you wish to play HTTR scenarios you have to convert them. There is some kind of fix for this involving map editor, but I have no idea how that works. Check beta pach threads for furthrer information, you should be able to find messages about this issue from first two or three pages into the thread. Hope that helps :)

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 2
RE: HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/25/2013 9:44:33 PM   
navwarcol

Thanks! I will look!

(in reply to Rosmarus)
Post #: 3
RE: HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/26/2013 10:37:37 AM   
phoenix

You have to open the map editor (from the little start screen for BFTB for example), open the map file for the scenario you wish to play there (by navigating to your BFTB folder location and opening the BFTB Maps folder and double clicking on the map. If you don't know which map the scenario uses I don't know how you would find out - it might be obvious though - I had to convert the map for 'From the Meuse to the Rhine' and it was called 'Maas-Rhein', I think (so you had to know the Meuse was the Maas in Dutch........) if stuck ask here, I guess. You could probably find out which map is used by opening the scenario editor and having a look, though I've never tried that - generally I'm a bit frightened to mess around with all these editors and stuff) It will take ages for the mapmaker to load it (as in the game) and then you save it (by double clicking on the same map icon and agreeing to overwrite it). Henceforth no probs opening it in game. It's quite easy, honest. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it....

< Message edited by phoenix -- 1/26/2013 10:40:02 AM >

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 4
RE: HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/26/2013 4:42:51 PM   
navwarcol

Haha, thanks Phoenix. It worked...for myself, I much of the time like playing in the editor, even more than playing the finished product :P but I have heard so many great things about the AI ability in this game, that I just HAVE to give actually playing it, a whirl.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 5
RE: HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/26/2013 5:53:25 PM   
phoenix

Hope you enjoy. If you're playing patch 4 beta then you may notice that attacks don't work properly, sometimes, and units rout quite far. A few other things too. Nearly all already fixed, we're told, in a patch that was uploaded to Matrix 2 weeks ago, but so far no sign of it. I would have thought the AI should still impress even with these issues.

(in reply to navwarcol)
Post #: 6
RE: HTTR Scenarios unplayable? - 1/26/2013 6:32:08 PM   
navwarcol

Yes..I would say so far it is impressive. Some of its route finding seems a little strange, but I think that is probably just based on the SOP entered in, so I have to tinker with that a little maybe(covered,fastest,etc route choices)..and yes the routing seems to be in some strange directions on occasion as well...but that could be realistic somewhat if the unit truly is routing...can't wait to see what it can do with the patch you refer to.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> HTTR Scenarios unplayable? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI