Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Navigating around the map (goto key?)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Navigating around the map (goto key?) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/25/2013 8:30:38 PM   
derhexer

Is there some easy way to navigate around the map using hex numbers? For example, if I want to look at hex 89,47 is there a key I can use where I key in 89,47 and the game centers me on that hex?

Right now, I guess where it is, then click on the hex and look at the upper right corner to see if I'm right, then I hunt around.

I apologize if this has already been asked. Can't find the answer.

Thanks

Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)
Post #: 1
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/25/2013 11:08:27 PM   
Bullwinkle58

That's the only way. The inset mini-map can help, but there's no fast way to navigate by (x,y). Wish there was.

The Moose

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 2
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/26/2013 3:31:58 PM   
General Patton

Me too

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 3
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/26/2013 7:11:00 PM   
jeffk3510

My only annoying feature is patrols...each time you select the patrol point it takes you to the taskforce when you select the next one..I would like the screen to jump close to the patrol point I just selected..instead I have to scroll all of the way to the previous patrol point. (This is when you're a ways away from where you will be patrolling)

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to General Patton)
Post #: 4
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/27/2013 3:08:20 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

My only annoying feature is patrols...each time you select the patrol point it takes you to the taskforce when you select the next one..I would like the screen to jump close to the patrol point I just selected..instead I have to scroll all of the way to the previous patrol point. (This is when you're a ways away from where you will be patrolling)

+1
Same thing happens when selecting waypoints.
The only modifiable [sp?] feature I have found is to change the scroll speed setting in preferences to whatever suits. I find 0 too fast, but setting 1 is controllable.

I have not yet begun to fight! OTOH I have not yet begun to flee. Hmmmmm - choices, choices -always with the choices.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 5
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/28/2013 2:25:47 AM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

+1
Same thing happens when selecting waypoints.
The only modifiable [sp?] feature I have found is to change the scroll speed setting in preferences to whatever suits. I find 0 too fast, but setting 1 is controllable.

Yes on waypoints.

I was told this is difficult to do...

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/28/2013 3:48:41 AM   
jmalter

quote:

My only annoying feature is patrols...each time you select the patrol point it takes you to the taskforce when you select the next one.

i agree this is most annoying, esp. when Midway is your most-advanced sub base for patrols vs. the HI.

i can mitigate the prob a bit w/ 2 techniques:
1) choose 'Patrol around Target', set a Target, then edit the patrol-points.
2) make a 'wolf-pack' of 2-4 subs, send it at Cruise-speed & 'Do Not Retire' to a point near the intended area, when it approaches/arrives at that hex, split it into single-boat Mission-speed 'Retirement Allowed' TFs, assigning patrol-zones as req'd.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 7
RE: Navigating around the map (goto key?) - 1/28/2013 1:10:10 PM   
LoBaron

IMO the mini map is just large enough to change location there, and to make scrolling unneccesary for such things as PZ assignment.
I got so used to click in the minimap instead of scrolling that I seldom scroll much anymore for large distances.

Although I am playing 1920x1080, could be more difficult on lower settings.

S**t happens in war.

All hail the superior ones!

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Navigating around the map (goto key?) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI