Matrix Games Forums

Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge Update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Babes AI and Scen Modding

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Babes AI and Scen Modding Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Babes AI and Scen Modding - 1/25/2013 6:58:46 PM   
Symon

Have Matt's Guad AI files in hand, am tweaking them so they will be challenging (hopefully). Getting help from Andy Mac, who has graciously offered to vet the results, so people can expect some sliders and a fastball or two. While doing this, I thought it might be nice to post some of the relevant kickers, thoughts, suggestions, and conclusions that the process turns up. Admittedly, very few of these will be applicable to GC scenarios, but modders who like nitty-gritty details may find some of the ideas to have value..

First Take - Initial Setup: Everybody knows what happened, so everybody dumps the entire 1st MarDiv on Guad and wipes out all Japanese reinforcement attempts. But ... the whole 1st MarDiv wasn't there, just initial combat elements; 11,000 out of 18,000 for the division. The rest peetered in over the next two weeks. But even those combat elements were severely short on supply. So what to do?

1st MarDiv is broken up into 1st turn, magic-move and non-magic-move TFs. Magic-move is the combat elements and load/move/land on 1st turn execution. Non-magic-move is everybody else and load/move on 1st turn execution, but take a week to get there. So far so good.

1st turn loading requires units to be at a base and the Phib TF to be there as well, but the loading algorithm will fill the TF with troops and fill everything else with supply, down to the 10% limit of what's at the port. Way too much supply for 1st MarDiv.

So picked an out-of-the-way place, like Suva, and put the units and TF there; Suva because it's not on the logistics flow. So tweaked and twonked and judiciously cut Suva's supply so 1st MarDiv can only load a minimal amount before hitting the 10% base limit. So far so good. But there's a bunch of US and NZ LCUs at Suva and they all have maybe an extra 1000 or so of supply in their opening day OOBs, so once the opening day TFs exhaust the LIMITED supply at Suva, and sail off to glory, the local LCUs will dump their excess supply and Suva's back in business.

Now, 1st MarDiv assaults Lunga/Tulagi with jack squat for supply. Why is this important? Because the first reinforcement convoy, with support elements of the Div, and additional supply, departed Wellington on a long voyage and that's the first box of 'rats they got.

So the assault elements will take disruption and fatigue. And it will not be alleviated. And a ton of units (2nd Marines, Paras, Raiders) are stuck on Tulagi, once the transports flee. So it's a couple of disrupted, fatigued Marine Rgts, with squat for supply, sitting on a piece of real estate. And more of them across the water at Tulagi, without any way of getting home (Unless you know how). Sound familiar?

Done this way to give the Japanese player a possibility. The AI will not have the Ichiki Bn assault the 1st MarDiv. Something else will happen.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Babes AI and Scen Modding Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI