Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Critical warnings in Tracker

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Critical warnings in Tracker Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Critical warnings in Tracker - 1/23/2013 6:57:57 PM   
Lokasenna

I've searched, and the last thread is from 2010...I didn't want to threadomancy.

Thread 2: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2565338
Thread 1: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2717595

Still running out my first game as Japan, trying for 1943 autovic just so I can restart and not make all the horrible, horrible economy mistakes I did on this attempt (I'm looking at running out of oil in late 1943 because I expanded some refineries, and the big killer is that I've got an operational supply crunch). I've at least got the economy stabilized into a slow glide (breaking even or storing HI every month, supplies slowing ticking upwards, still able to support my expanded shipbuilding, etc.) instead of a freefall, but oh the lessons I've learned...

In any case, I've been getting Vehicle Assembly critical alerts in Tracker for the past 170 turns. I know that at the root of this is me failing to understand how Vehicle Points worked with new, arriving LCUs. However, it would be nice to get some context on the Critical alert. What level do I need to reach before it's not Critical? What constitutes Critical in the first place? Does Tracker look at my understrength LCUs that require Veh. Pts. and decide that my pool is nowhere near large enough? I have some guesses from research in Tracker, detailed below.

80 turns ago I was getting Critical Alerts for pools of less than 100. Now I've got my pool up over 800 (my first IJ attempt really was that bad ), and my LCU production chart has always shown my Veh Pts line to be well above the green Pts Required line, so what gives?

If I go to the Devices data set and select 'Japan' and 'Vehicle', it shows that I only have 25 motorized support in the pool with a 'Need' of 535. Ok, so that's about 5100 Vehicle Points I'm short, right? Likewise, I have 0 Eng. Vehicles in pool and need 5. I'm also short about a dozen Halftracks and about 3 dozen Type 95 Light Tanks under AFVs, but am fine on the rest.

Am I on the right track here - I'm getting the Critical warning because I'm still rebuilding units that are understrength from my early game expansion? Plus the Guards Tank Division that I just made a mistake with in Australia and it got trashed, but that just happened last turn...

Thanks in advance for any help, just trying to learn from my mistakes here so I can eventually put up a fight in a PBEM ;).

EDIT: Now that I've had a chance to look in the manual at how vehicle points are used for replacements and such, it looks like my 510 deficit on motorized support is actually 7650 vehicle points required, and another 100 for engineer vehicles, with a further 590 for all of my AFV deficits.

< Message edited by Lokasenna -- 1/23/2013 7:23:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Critical warnings in Tracker - 1/23/2013 11:30:15 PM   
n01487477

As the coder of this; the alert is sent if Veh points are less than 1000. It would be nice if the program was a sophisticated as you talk about - but it isn't yet.

If you want me to look at your savefile - PM / email me your savefile.

Otherwise, for an explanation see LCU Production panel and note the VEH points required. I know, more could be done in this area...

Also, maybe look at my econ doc (although I need to make it more detailed with these points).

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 2
RE: Critical warnings in Tracker - 1/24/2013 5:40:00 AM   
Lokasenna

Ah. Looks like I'm going to be getting the alert for quite some time, then, as my units rebuild.

Yeah, I experimented and learned firsthand a couple of things not to do - overexpansion of my HI industry, while it's given me the ability to pump out Arm pts. and Veh. pts. (I had them turned off when I had a boatload in pool, not realizing I was about to get slammed with that tank division), it's really hurting my supply right now. I could use the...oh, probably 200k I spent on various industry and factory expansions.

The econ doc was a great place to start when I finally got around to setting up my convoys and all that. It's getting to the point where I'm recognizing which ship to use for convoys and where due to its class without having to open the ship data now, and beginning to get comfortable with planning their movements far in advance to save on fuel.

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Critical warnings in Tracker Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI