Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Back after massive crash: suggestion to restart?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Back after massive crash: suggestion to restart? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Back after massive crash: suggestion to restart? - 1/22/2013 1:35:15 AM   
onomastikon

Hi there, I've been gone almost six months, the last time I was here was just after I had moved to the United States, I had seen that during my move there had been a patch, I DLed it and installed it, and fired up DW:Legends. Something went wrong, however, it couldn't find some font or some graphic, and crashed; no big deal, I thought, and attempted to redownload and reinstall the original programs again (the advice from the boards here). For whatever reason, I am really hoping it is not DW-related, my computer stopped working then. I couldn't use it for about 6 weeks and had almost bought another when I got windows to work again. Anyway, I am a bit apprehensive; is there any way that DW could have caused a serious serious Windows error? I am a computer idiot and don't know much about these things. Is there a risk in me trying to re-download the DW files from Matrix and reinstall? Anything I should know?
Thanks much
Post #: 1
RE: Back after massive crash: suggestion to restart? - 1/22/2013 11:01:45 AM   
Bingeling

A risk? Nothing that does not involve any internet usage.

Just install, and say "yes" if it asks if it should check for extra stuff (.net, directx and such).

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Back after massive crash: suggestion to restart? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI