Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill Please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill Please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill Please) - 1/22/2013 1:22:57 AM   
Icedawg

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I've got a question about my Tojo factories. It is mid April 42 and I have a total of 8 x 30 (fully repaired) factories devoted to the Tojo line. Four have been converted to the IIc model. The other four are still working on the IIa.

So far, the IIa has been advanced to May 42 and is about 30% of the way to being advanced to April 42 (currently blue and showing 26%).

My problem is this. I want to advance the IIa to April so I can start replacing the worthless Oscar Ics ASAP. However, I don't want the research factories to convert to production factories. I want the advance to April, but I don't want to lose the research factories. I would like to use the four IIa factories to research the IIb immediately on bringing the IIa to April.

I know there are three settings across the top of the research window and I think there is some combination to have these at to get the result I desire. I just don't know what that combination is. Can anyone offer some help?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Icedawg -- 1/22/2013 1:23:55 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 2:29:08 AM   
Mike Solli

You can't advance the IIa to April because the moment it happens, all IIa R&D factories become operational. The earliest the IIa becomes operational is 1 May. Since that is the earliest, you may as well upgrade the 4x30 IIa R&D factories to the IIc model to speed up that acceleration.

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 3:48:10 AM   
Numdydar

Yes but if you do be aware that R&D factories repair at a lot slower rate than prod ones. While they do repair quicker the closer you get to the availability date, they never get to the 1/day that prod do. And until ALL the R&D factories are fully repaired, NONE of them count towards accelerating the availability date.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 3:53:23 AM   
Chickenboy

I think you can switch them (the blue research factories) over to the IIb also, if that's your research preference.

Quick question: will you produce the IIa? If so, from what? Do you have other factories (not listed / shown) that you will use for production per se?

Also, on a side note: your post was very clear and well organized, with sufficient detail for us to help. Wish that all posters had such clarity in their presentation.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 3:55:49 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Yes but if you do be aware that R&D factories repair at a lot slower rate than prod ones. While they do repair quicker the closer you get to the availability date, they never get to the 1/day that prod do. And until ALL the R&D factories are fully repaired, NONE of them count towards accelerating the availability date.

Numdydar,

All of these research factories are fully repaired.

If the OP keeps the research in the next sequential lineage of the research (e.g., Tojo IIa-IIb-IIc), they will stay repaired and fully contributing to producing genuine repaired research immediately.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 6:28:52 AM   
Puhis

I don't see what's the problem. Let's say the research is 95 % ready, no problem, just upgrade 2 factories. Research is 99 % ready, upgrade one more. When research is ready, you can upgrade the last one. Because unlike Mike Solli said, you can still upgrade production factory just after it has changed from R&D to production. The factory dissappear from R&D list, but when you look at prodution factory list, the factory is still shown blue and it's possible to convert it back to R&D.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 8:12:32 AM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I've got a question about my Tojo factories. It is mid April 42 and I have a total of 8 x 30 (fully repaired) factories devoted to the Tojo line. Four have been converted to the IIc model. The other four are still working on the IIa.

So far, the IIa has been advanced to May 42 and is about 30% of the way to being advanced to April 42 (currently blue and showing 26%).

My problem is this. I want to advance the IIa to April so I can start replacing the worthless Oscar Ics ASAP. However, I don't want the research factories to convert to production factories. I want the advance to April, but I don't want to lose the research factories. I would like to use the four IIa factories to research the IIb immediately on bringing the IIa to April.

I know there are three settings across the top of the research window and I think there is some combination to have these at to get the result I desire. I just don't know what that combination is. Can anyone offer some help?

Set prod to 'No' and research will still take place but the factories will not turn into production. Tip if you turn them all to 'No' tracker will not be able to see the research progress, but if you leave on on it will. Another tip, if you turn any one of the factories into production when it reaches 100 than all all turn into production so you need to deal with research first at least I think it is my memory is playing tricks on me. Easy way is to save first.

With upgrade set to 'Yes' the research should auromatically switch to the IIb. If you turn this off you can do it manually. In either case you will not damage any factories as it's part of the research chain.

< Message edited by Chris H -- 1/22/2013 9:01:03 AM >

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 5:11:15 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

You can't advance the IIa to April because the moment it happens, all IIa R&D factories become operational. The earliest the IIa becomes operational is 1 May. Since that is the earliest, you may as well upgrade the 4x30 IIa R&D factories to the IIc model to speed up that acceleration.

This is what I originally thought too, but I am pretty sure that I heard/read somewhere that you can set them to stay as research factories and automatically switch to researching the next model in line once the currently-researched model becomes available.

Kind of a "having your cake and eating it too" thing.

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 5:22:02 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I think you can switch them (the blue research factories) over to the IIb also, if that's your research preference.

Quick question: will you produce the IIa? If so, from what? Do you have other factories (not listed / shown) that you will use for production per se?

Also, on a side note: your post was very clear and well organized, with sufficient detail for us to help. Wish that all posters had such clarity in their presentation.

Yes, I will definitely produce the IIa, but I don't want to lose those nice, juicy, fully-repaired x30 Tojo research factories.

The IIc is the ultimate goal, so, once the IIa is available, I will convert those four R&D factories to the IIb, then (a bit down the road) convert those to the IIc. (I'm going to research the IIb just so I can convert my IIa production factory to the IIc without having to repair it.) That way, when all is said and done, I'll be producing the IIa in April 42 and will be well on my way to getting the IIc very early.

But, to answer your question, I will use my current Sonia production factory to actually build the IIa (and the IIc). I was originally going to build the Sonia, but as the game has gone on, I'm getting discouraged by its poor performance, so it's going to be "eighty-sixed" (as those in the restaurant business say).

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 5:24:56 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

I don't see what's the problem. Let's say the research is 95 % ready, no problem, just upgrade 2 factories. Research is 99 % ready, upgrade one more. When research is ready, you can upgrade the last one. Because unlike Mike Solli said, you can still upgrade production factory just after it has changed from R&D to production. The factory dissappear from R&D list, but when you look at prodution factory list, the factory is still shown blue and it's possible to convert it back to R&D.

Wow! I didn't know you could do this! I always thought "once a production factory, always a production factory". Is this a relatively new change, or have I been in the dark for a long time?

< Message edited by Icedawg -- 1/22/2013 5:25:32 PM >

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 5:29:33 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Set prod to 'No' and research will still take place but the factories will not turn into production. Tip if you turn them all to 'No' tracker will not be able to see the research progress, but if you leave on on it will. Another tip, if you turn any one of the factories into production when it reaches 100 than all all turn into production so you need to deal with research first at least I think it is my memory is playing tricks on me. Easy way is to save first.

With upgrade set to 'Yes' the research should auromatically switch to the IIb. If you turn this off you can do it manually. In either case you will not damage any factories as it's part of the research chain.

So the setting combination I'm looking for is "Production - No" and "Upgrade - Yes"? This way, I'll save the R&D factories AND keep up the research on the line as a whole? If so, this is definitely what I want.

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 11
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 5:37:02 PM   
Icedawg

Can anyone confirm what Puhis and/or Chris H have offered up?

It's not that I don't trust what they are saying. (They both seem to be very well-versed in AE and highly respected here on the forum.) It's just that I have invested a fair amount of time and thought in my R&D plans and would be really bummed out if I lost those Tojo R&D factories to the production line.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 12
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 5:40:07 PM   
Icedawg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Now if I can only get my students to say the same kind of thing about my lessons on the Krebs cycle and the electron transport chain!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill P... - 1/22/2013 11:00:30 PM   
Chris H

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

Can anyone confirm what Puhis and/or Chris H have offered up?

It's not that I don't trust what they are saying. (They both seem to be very well-versed in AE and highly respected here on the forum.) It's just that I have invested a fair amount of time and thought in my R&D plans and would be really bummed out if I lost those Tojo R&D factories to the production line.

I understand your problem, I asked the question sometime ago. The thread I asked it in is here.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3185586&mpage=1&key=�

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Aircraft Research Factory Question (No Khyberbill Please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI