Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game crash on exit -- W7U

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> game crash on exit -- W7U Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game crash on exit -- W7U - 1/22/2013 1:05:47 AM   
delatbabel

Hi,

I'm not even sure this is worth reporting but here goes.

After I play a multi-player turn, on exiting the game, it crashes with a Windows type program-has-stopped-working-do-you-want-to-report-it type error. If I enter the game, don't play a turn and then exit it's fine, but if I actually play through a turn it crashes every time when I exit.

This is on a reasonably new fairly high spec Lenovo laptop, for which I separately purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate edition. On the original OEM version of Windows 7 Pro the game never crashed, but it always crashes on Ultimate, on the same hardware. As far as I can tell I have the same software installed (anti-virus, firefox, latest OS patches, etc) and a fairly minimal set of software at that -- I do 99% of my work in Linux and only keep a Windows partition aside for the game and one or two other programs -- I don't even have MS Office installed.

So far I haven't had it crash (apart from very occasionally) during a turn or anything like that, just on exiting the game.

Currently running the latest stable 1.06.19 but it seems to have been occurring ever since I upgraded to 1.05 or thereabouts.

--
Del
Post #: 1
RE: game crash on exit -- W7U - 1/22/2013 1:48:57 AM   
Joel Billings

Anyone else seeing this?

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 2
RE: game crash on exit -- W7U - 1/22/2013 2:31:04 AM   
delatbabel

I suspect not. :) I'm the only person I've ever heard of springing the extra $$$ for W7U, and I only did it to mess with one obscure encryption feature in non-ASCII languages. You can't buy it pre-loaded with a PC, I've only ever heard of them coming with Pro, not Ultimate.

--
Del

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> game crash on exit -- W7U Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI