Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

game crash on exit -- W7U

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> game crash on exit -- W7U Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
game crash on exit -- W7U - 1/22/2013 1:05:47 AM   
delatbabel

Hi,

I'm not even sure this is worth reporting but here goes.

After I play a multi-player turn, on exiting the game, it crashes with a Windows type program-has-stopped-working-do-you-want-to-report-it type error. If I enter the game, don't play a turn and then exit it's fine, but if I actually play through a turn it crashes every time when I exit.

This is on a reasonably new fairly high spec Lenovo laptop, for which I separately purchased a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate edition. On the original OEM version of Windows 7 Pro the game never crashed, but it always crashes on Ultimate, on the same hardware. As far as I can tell I have the same software installed (anti-virus, firefox, latest OS patches, etc) and a fairly minimal set of software at that -- I do 99% of my work in Linux and only keep a Windows partition aside for the game and one or two other programs -- I don't even have MS Office installed.

So far I haven't had it crash (apart from very occasionally) during a turn or anything like that, just on exiting the game.

Currently running the latest stable 1.06.19 but it seems to have been occurring ever since I upgraded to 1.05 or thereabouts.

--
Del
Post #: 1
RE: game crash on exit -- W7U - 1/22/2013 1:48:57 AM   
Joel Billings

Anyone else seeing this?

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to delatbabel)
Post #: 2
RE: game crash on exit -- W7U - 1/22/2013 2:31:04 AM   
delatbabel

I suspect not. :) I'm the only person I've ever heard of springing the extra $$$ for W7U, and I only did it to mess with one obscure encryption feature in non-ASCII languages. You can't buy it pre-loaded with a PC, I've only ever heard of them coming with Pro, not Ultimate.

--
Del

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> game crash on exit -- W7U Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI