Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Invalid IP address

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Invalid IP address Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Invalid IP address - 1/20/2013 10:55:49 AM   
gnomus

Every time I try to host a multiplayer game through the lobby, or if I try to set up a Local Network game, I get an error dialogue which begins, "An invalid IP address was specified...."

I am using the 1.4 version of the game (but downloading the 1.7 beta whilst I type).

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get this working?
Post #: 1
RE: Invalid IP address - 1/20/2013 5:53:27 PM   
VR_IronFist

Hi gnomus, this appears to be a problem with the multiplayer server and not the game itself. I wrote directly to Eric Babe last night when I encountered it and he responded he would look into it today. I don't think he would mind me sharing his response so here it is:

Thanks for sending this. The debug file is empty since this is a release build of the game. I haven't changed anything in the multiplayer code for several versions, so perhaps the server is having issues or something. I'll test it tomorrow and see what I can find.

Best,
Eric

(in reply to gnomus)
Post #: 2
RE: Invalid IP address - 1/21/2013 4:28:49 PM   
ericbabe

Is it still a problem today? (I can't test at the moment because am running a full project rebuild.)

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 3
RE: Invalid IP address - 1/21/2013 7:33:03 PM   
VR_IronFist

I just tried and it still pulls the same error when trying to host up a multiplayer game.

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Invalid IP address Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI