Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Poland

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> The War Room >> Poland Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Poland - 1/20/2013 12:03:23 AM   
Donten

Hi all,
While Im new to this series, I'm an old gamer from way back, (when these games were played on paper maps with carboard units).
Any ways, my question is, how do you do the Polish campaign with out losing more than 10%? I lost 1% first turn and did not attack too much. Also, air power seems a little weak.
Also, how does intercept work, do you need to have full action points, same with air indiction?
Any help would be good.
Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Poland - 1/21/2013 5:28:58 PM   
ernieschwitz

First of all welcome to the game :)

Second, I think you will find it hard to keep casualities below 8%, i did. The most rewarding way to attack is to first bombard with your artillery, then you aircraft (or is it the other way around), and then, to hit from multiple sides when you attack.

Generally you will find the losses you incur to be higher on the first turn, because units have had time to entrench. Bombarding with artillery and air will reduce that entrenchment level. Also, units that have fled have no entrenchment bonuses, so it might be a good idea to follow up attacks, when you already have made them flee on the same turn.

Use you mobile troops to surround the enemy and make "pockets" of troops. These will be out of supply and when they don´t have any more supply themselves, unable to move. Units that have nowhere to flee are also destroyed. It is worth much more to destroy units, than just make them flee and fight another day.

I wish you lots of fun in the game.

(in reply to Donten)
Post #: 2
RE: Poland - 1/28/2013 8:29:14 PM   
Donten

Thanks for your reply. As the game went on I realized that 0.2% would be read as 1%. And total losses were about 5%. Though, I was one town short for victory, and serverly chastised for my"dissapointing" performance.
Also, keep forgeting to use the officer cards which may help.

Yes a very cool game.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> The War Room >> Poland Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI