Matrix Games Forums

Players compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta EstDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 1/19/2013 5:22:17 AM   
USXpat

Looking for 1 or 2 experienced opponents for continued playtesting of Third Reich 42-45 (files available at wargamecollege.net). Still going as Axis with Mike, a bit slower owing to his switching computers. Would prefer at least one game as Allies. Second game - open for either side.

Post #: 1
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 1/22/2013 12:15:29 PM   
Ruppich

Good to see you back? Your PC/notebook was crashed?
Any plans on posting a new updated version of the scenario soon??

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 2
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 1/23/2013 11:55:51 PM   
USXpat

Well, my system's fine, but Mike's changing his. For the present version there are only a few minor tweaks to make that I'm aware of and/or that can be "fit in". The only real concern on it applies to Soviet rifle squad replacements rates possibly being too high. The EEV system is likely to be adjusted to do with one less Axis -50 reduction.

Once there's more data relative to the above two points, I'll make another update.

Otherwise, at the moment... I'm tinkering with something even larger in the event TOAW gets an upgrade. Undecided about how seriously to commit to it though. Will see... heh.

(in reply to Ruppich)
Post #: 3
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 1/26/2013 10:40:45 PM   
governato

Mark, do you happen to have your Soviet Squads replacements on a graph? Curious to see it vs mine...(which you can see on my scenario thread).

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 4
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 1/27/2013 8:21:49 PM   
USXpat

Hi Governato, no, I didn't really go into that degree of detail with regards to Soviet manpower. TR 42-45 shouldn't be used as a benchmark for personnel replacement rates. I'm doing some research on the quarterly #'s of each type of unit, but for a different project. Whether it ever gets finished or not is a good question...

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 5
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 2/6/2013 6:54:19 AM   
Ruppich

Still looking for a game-partner?

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 6
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 2/6/2013 10:03:46 PM   
USXpat

Hi Ruppich -- yes, still looking for a game. I can try to get a small update done over the weekend if you are willing to start on Monday or so?

Updates would include fixing one air unit showing at 999,999; making sure a few of the British units arrive when they are supposed to (version I'm on now has a few arriving a bit early). Need to tweak Russian conscript and rifle squads down about 15%. Also could probably use a few more supply points in different areas -- mainly North Africa for both sides. Let me know if that's okay? Or if there are other things you've noticed?

Can't add units or events at this stage.

(in reply to Ruppich)
Post #: 7
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 2/7/2013 7:26:39 AM   
Ruppich

I had sent u 2,3 or 4 emails with thinks my playpartner an i noticed (STUG IVs, more units that wont arrive (I ART Corps)) and now we stumpled over supply flowing in from turkey even if they are not in the war. (I know you cant add event at the moments).
Pls send me the file and i start on Monday as allies if you like.

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 8
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 2/7/2013 11:18:45 PM   
USXpat

Okay Ruppich, will do - most of those should be easy fixes. Will see what I can do about the supply extending from Turkey.

Will e-mail you the files over the weekend. Looking forward to the game!

(in reply to Ruppich)
Post #: 9
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 2/8/2013 7:02:46 AM   
Ruppich

Fine,

maybe u put some ALLIED "doorkeeper" units on the railtracks coming from turkey, if turkey joins the axis those units withdraw automatically and the tracks can be repaired and then used for supply.

(in reply to USXpat)
Post #: 10
RE: Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) - 2/10/2013 8:19:28 PM   
USXpat

Getting files out over the next hour or two. Adjustments -- removed starting Stug IV's from sturmbrigades; adjusted Soviet rifle/conscript/SMG squads by a combined total of about 400 (about 10%); units from I Art Corps and the air unit arriving at 999,999 arrive with the rest of their formation staging area; added several Axis and Allied (partial) supply points in Middle East and North Africa; took out the connecting rail from Turkey to Russia.

Keeping EEV system the same, only on T29 as Allies in one test, but EEV is approaching 50 despite the -2 absorption rate per turn.

That's about all that I can do fast and easily - can't really adjust events or add units at this point.

(in reply to Ruppich)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Opponents Wanted >> Third Reich 42 - 45 (Playtest) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI