Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

i dismissed it (not WITE)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> i dismissed it (not WITE) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 3:54:53 AM   
tigercub

When Hearts of Iron came out i got it pretty quickly how many years now i dont know,
Play it a little bit Hated it Deleted it....so when HOI 3 came out, did not look at it...A Mate talked me into looking at it again, now days there is a few extras and i can say old wargames like me.
This game has got what it takes so check it out!

HOI 3 with there finest hour...i only say this because i was so surprised how good it is!

do not dismis out of hand!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?599501-Hearts-of-Iron-3-FTM-Video-Tutorials-%28WIP%29

if you want a look at these Videos are great training

Tigercub

< Message edited by tigercub -- 1/19/2013 3:57:13 AM >

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Post #: 1
RE: i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 4:51:14 AM   
bairdlander

Why are you posting this here instead of in general discussion forum?Also HOI3 is much better with the historical mods,otherwise it gets crazy,i.e.Mexico invading Norway etc

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 2
RE: i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 4:53:12 AM   
SigUp

Hated HoI III when it first came out. Crazy things like Switzerland joining the Allies without German declaring war on it, or the US with the Allies in 1939. Nowadays it's better. But I still can't get into it like I did with HoI II.

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 3
RE: i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 5:31:59 AM   
Flaviusx

It's ok, but for me the best game in the series is Darkest Hour. I really don't care for the brigade structure HOI3 rolls with, and micromanaging the chain of command is kind of tedious. Not thrilled with the whole officer ratio mechanic, either.

It's a pity this is the iteration of the series they will develop in the future, instead of DH.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 4
RE: i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 6:07:33 AM   
SigUp

Yes, DH was the best one, based on the HoI II engine the (amateur) team did a very good job. HoI III in my eyes has a few problems. First is the performance, especially when the war starts the speed breaks down. It is also a little bit too much micro-management for a grand strategy game. Pushing single divisions around and having to adjust the chain of command takes too much time (I'm not a fan of letting the AI handle it). The division system was nice though. But the biggest is still the performance issue. Perhaps I had too much experience with HoI II and how quick the performance was there. I'm not very supportive of Paradox' decision to go 3D. The benefits are just not there, but it was probably market pressure that convinced them of switching.

(in reply to Flaviusx)
Post #: 5
RE: i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 6:24:09 AM   
Denniss

Don't forget AoD as another Hoi2 spin-of and the CORE mod.

BTW I was one of the dumb idiots paying 40€ to get a hardly working game (vanilla Hoi3) as soon as it became available, just to discover it lacked many/most of the events from older Hoi series.

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 6
RE: i dismissed it (not WITE) - 1/19/2013 10:48:01 AM   
elmo3

This has nothing to do with WitE. Locked.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> i dismissed it (not WITE) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI