German Artillery accuracy

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

pacwar

German Artillery accuracy

Post by pacwar »

I've been playing the Bulge scenarios as the Americans and controling the artillery myself as more experienced players have suggested. I have regularly called in barrages in close proximity to friendly units, unchecking the avoid friendlies box, and for the most part have only experienced what appears to be some drift of the fire and collateral damage on very few occasions. Just for a change of pace I'm now playing the Epson scenario as the Germans and German artillery seems to be way more inaccuate than the Americans...I'd guess in at least a third of fire that are danger close the adjacent German units gets whacked along with the British unit. At first I thought the AI was cheating and for some reason assigning a British fire mission against any enemy unit adjacent to one of their own that was getting hit, kind of a tit for tat situation, but now I'm convinced its friendly fire.

I realize American artillery effectiveness was generally highly regarded by both the Germans and Americans...is this reflected in a higher overall efficiency and accuracy in the game? Or are my Germans just not very good.[&:]
Arjuna

RE: German Artillery accuracy

Post by Arjuna »

Why don't you go into the etsab editor and look up the German Arty weapons and check out their accuracy. You will need to select the Bombard fire type. Then do the same for the Amercian guns.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
RockinHarry

Post by RockinHarry »

Epsom uses its own NormanEstab file, so some accuracy values and other stuff very likely differs from latest BFTBEstab ones.
RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann
tukker

Post by tukker »

No, these values are exactly the same in the BFTB and Normandy Estabs. When I created the Normandy Estab, I just added some units, weapons and vehicles to the BFTB-Estab and called it 'Normandy' The values of all weapons and vehicles also present in BFTB are exactly the same.

Pieter
RockinHarry

Post by RockinHarry »

ORIGINAL: tukker

No, these values are exactly the same in the BFTB and Normandy Estabs. When I created the Normandy Estab, I just added some units, weapons and vehicles to the BFTB-Estab and called it 'Normandy' The values of all weapons and vehicles also present in BFTB are exactly the same.

Pieter

You´re right off course! :)

Maybe pacwar observes his units getting whacked by Nebelwerfers or some artillery with not so good experience shooting at max ranges. Can´t tell.
RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann
pacwar

Post by pacwar »

None of the fire in question was Nebelwerfers, which I understand was more unstable...as far as opening the Estab files, heck that sounds like work and as a matter of course I refrain from digging into the belly of the beast...bad things happen when I do that and that's what I thought you guys were around for[;)]

Return to “Command Ops Series”