Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.07 for those who can't wait

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> 1.07 for those who can't wait Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.07 for those who can't wait - 1/18/2013 11:54:18 PM   
doomtrader

Here is the link for packed files upgrading the game to 1.07
http://www2.wastelands-interactive.com/shared/swie_1.07_patch_matrix.rar
You need to unzip, copy and past the files.
Then just run the game using new exe (best option is to create the shortcut)
Post #: 1
RE: 1.07 for those who can't wait - 1/19/2013 5:24:12 PM   
Omnius

doomtrader,
How did you know I was so impatient? Actually I figured that since you posted that you had passed it on to Matrix on Friday that I wouldn't see it until after the weekend. Thanks for giving us "impatient" players an advance copy. I didn't expect it but am very happy you did.
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.07 for those who can't wait - 1/21/2013 3:25:05 AM   
Qwixt

Omnius, I am anxiously awaiting your review/testing of the AI and such things.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 3
My First 1945 1.07 Game - 1/21/2013 10:27:44 PM   
Omnius

doomtrader & Qwixt,
I played the 1945 scenario as the USSR and all the Warsaw Pact allies in the new 1.07. Operating in a nuclear environment takes a little getting used to. It took almost 20 turns before I realized I was making a big mistake trying to upgrade to tank armies since the AI just loves to target big tank armies with atomic bombs. I was using my same strategy and tactics as before but now will change for the next game. The American AI dropped an a-bomb every four turns on one of my tank armies like clockwork. I finally got smart and only built tank corps. I think to start I may even split my Soviet tank armies. I was smart enough to not pump them up to 100%.

I think your recent adjustments to the nuclear damage caused are vastly improved over the original parameters. While losing a whole army is tough to take at least the social unrest damage is no longer so severe. I remember being able to wipe out as many as 7 units in one blast, plus have that 20%-10% social unrest damage that could happen every turn and that was definitely way out of line. I suggest you make the same corrections to Time of Fury, especially the one hex blast damage limit and not giving a player one very turn, more like every 4 months like now in the SWiE 1945 scenario. I so wish ToF had a similar 1945 scenario.

One more minor correction to the 1945 scenario description. "standing one aginst the" you need to correct "aginst" to "against" lest you sound like a poorly educated southerner.

I played your scenario with two minor corrections in the country file. I corrected the 5 value for USA "artillery" research level to 4 and corrected the zero Tech Investment value to 2, the correct original TI setting you made before you unfortunately took my very first suggestion that wasn't well thought out.

Why does the Soviet Submarine research progress show 5 yet there is no Tech Investment to justify it? I'd give it a lightbulb.

I did score a major victory against the NATO AI. This time I took all of France except for Brest. I also used diplomatic points to counter the Allies pressuring Turkey into the war until I had sufficient ground forces ready to invade on it's borders. No Allied units in my territory. It was definitely more difficult this time as losing a tank army every 4 turns definitely hurts. Not being able to field full strength tank armies does hinder the Soviets, will be interesting to see the flip side as I do use the nukes "against" the Soviet AI.

Early in the game the Allied AI's made several amphibious invasions between Danzig and Koenigsberg. They always end up being nothing but mere annoyances and an opportunity to create amphibious cannon fodder. My first turn was devoted to killing the two Canadian corps and take Hamburg. The Canadian AI decided to do amphibious ops, and not well. If the AI's are only going to do single unit amphib ops then they shouldn't even bother as they only serve as a minor distraction since I'm good at having reserves handy for emergencies. Plus coming in every few turns to the same area means they'll have a welcoming committee to contend with.

I do see that the AI's have Star Trek technology, they can call Scotty to beam them up to anywhere they want to go. I'm amazed at how the AI's can do strategic movement without ever being near a rail line, and they seem to beam over any water obstacle with ease. The AI's do not keep their focus long enough to be good. I see the AI's moving units around too much instead of staying focused on a single front. I was marching into France, had just captured Paris and then the Allied AI's counterattacked. An American tank army really made my life miserable for a few turns in France and I lost a lot of units before the American tank army just disappeared. It went to Iraq and then Turkey of all places. I restored order in France and pushed back to where I had been recapturing Paris and being on the upswing. The American tank army came back but this time I was ready for it when it attacked too many times without reinforcing and then was able to force it to surrender near Cherbourg. Had that tank unit stayed in France I sure would have had a more difficult time holding the line there and restoring order. It didn't hurt me in northern Iraq nor did it help save Ankara from swift capture.

Now to give the Allies a whirl, test drive those new nukes. I like the way they're now more like tactical battlefield nukes meant to damage troops instead of strategic nukes meant to destroy production.
Omnius

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 4
RE: My First 1945 1.07 Game - 1/21/2013 10:34:04 PM   
doomtrader

Seems like you were having fun.
Now try to play on very hard level as Soviets.

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> 1.07 for those who can't wait Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI