[Mini-mod] New_Faces

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Star_Eraser

[Mini-mod] New_Faces

Post by Star_Eraser »

Basically a very simple mod: it only changes the faces of the Securan to Vette's face (starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vette)

UPDATE: This mod is now a WIP, I'll do all the vanilla faces. If there is any suggestions feel free to post them.

DONE ALREADY (2/21) :

Securan
Teekan

(Works best with Distant worlds extended, since I can't understand why someone would change the only female face to a silly disgruntled bald frog with a blue forehead)
IT WORKS FOR VANILLA AND FOR ANY MOD AS LONG AS YOU PUT THEM IN THE RIGHT PLACE!

INSTALLATION: Backup your images folder, extract the images to root/images/units/races, overwrite when asked.

If using another mod, extract the folder raceImages into your mod folder. Overwrite/merge if/when asked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAQ: "Galactopedia's texts and images don't match with the new faces!! LAME"

you don't say ... 'O_o

"Nice! Will you do custom characters?!"

Maybe. Since I'm using popular images as sources it would be an easy thing to do.
Attachments
New_Faces.zip
(542.96 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Star_Eraser

RE: [Mini-mod] Securan lifting

Post by Star_Eraser »

Sample (Don't download these, use the attachment above)

(JPEG format, since the forum doesn't allow me to upload PNG)
Attachments
race_18a.jpg
race_18a.jpg (30.97 KiB) Viewed 181 times
SecuransRule

Post by SecuransRule »

Good one! Yeah, I had wondered where the 'Securans' came from, then it dawned on me: Aayla Secura from Star Wars. I think the normal Securan pic looks a bit like the Orion Slave girl from the TOS pilot.
Star_Eraser

Post by Star_Eraser »

UPDATE: Added along with the Securan face, a Jawa face to replace the Teekan!

As the Securan, The Teekan were probably inspired by Jawas. Since they're both rodents and miners.

I updated the original archive, when and if I exceed more than ten downloads (lol) I'll update the rest of the faces in a less messy way.

This one was harder to do, since I used a different background. Credits to artpox and kerembeyit from deviantart for their original pictures.

THIS IS A SAMPLE (Don't download this, use the attachment in the first post)

Attachments
Teekan_Replacement.jpg
Teekan_Replacement.jpg (22.09 KiB) Viewed 177 times
Star_Eraser

Post by Star_Eraser »

@SecuransRule Exactly my thought! ... Thus the mod ;p

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sample in-game (Decals are from Nedrear's Side Modifications mod ==> matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3174366)

Attachments
Sample_Jawa.jpg
Sample_Jawa.jpg (87.7 KiB) Viewed 175 times
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

If I can be of help, let me know; I have lots of SW characters... I will zip a few up and send them your way if you wish...
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Oh oh....TJ's REALLY EXCITED NOW! LOL! [:D]

Break out the Corellian Ale!

(Note to self....Keep an eye on the scanners for any strange 'Positronic' emissions)
[:)]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
Star_Eraser

Post by Star_Eraser »

Why not? I'll probably do a few tonight so I'll look at your pics! PM them then ;p
Igard

Post by Igard »

Sounds like a nice project Star_Eraser. Keep it up![:)]
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Here is one set. They are free to anyone's taking. I tried sending up only well known SW characters. Trust me, I have plenty more.
Attachments
Char1.zip
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Set 2
Attachments
char2.zip
(2.52 MiB) Downloaded 33 times
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Set 3.
Attachments
char3.zip
(2.1 MiB) Downloaded 34 times
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Set 4.
Attachments
char4.zip
(806.73 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

You are all welcome to any of these.
I also have ships/fighters that I have not seen on the forums yet, I will upload those if someone wants.

The reason I have not put my own mod out yet is because I struggle with issues of taking someone else work and so on. So by and large I use the stuff 'privately'.
But then, I am suppose to be one of the good guys.

Enjoy, and let me know if you folks want some of the ships I have collected.
Gray Area

Post by Gray Area »

Seriously I would love to have a look at some ships TJ. I know what you mean about other peoples' work. Difficult isn't it? But then you've acknowledged that it isn't yours and if we all left producing mods to those that can do them from nothing there wouldn't be nearly as many mods. I think it is in the spirit of modding that material is used [8|] - it certainly raises my spirits [8D]
Gray Area
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

Done; they are in my own Clown Wars... I mean Clone Wars mod...
Star_Eraser

Post by Star_Eraser »

Nice images tjhkkr! I don't think I'll limit myself to only SW characters though, I promised an update a few days ago and I'll hold on to it, just need some more inspiration (and sources) to find correct matchings.

Thought today of Sluken with Cravers images from Endless Space (since both of the races points them to be some kind of an engineered race by a machine), or Turians for Mortalen (from Mass effect, because of their honor and military values). Also Atuuks>Ewok (both small fur balls); Gizurean>Geonosian (both wings and volcanic planets); Zenox>Bothans (only the looks, I'll probably look for a good Borsk Fey'lya face) for Star Wars. If anyone has a suggestion (and perhaps an available source) for any other races I'll do it if I like the idea. All you need to do is share your ideas.

Could also pick a Paarthunax image from Skyrim for the Naxilian if I find an appropriate one that doesn't make them look like an uber race. Or some Deadspace monsters for the Boskara or Shakhturi.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

You are welcome...

All if you are welcome to anything I put out.... [8D]

Return to “Design and Modding”