Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip - 1/18/2013 1:39:17 PM   
lb4269

MichaelU and I are once again off on one of our little PTO adventures. We went to the Palaus in 2011 and we'll be heading to the Marianas for the last week of this coming March. We've been doing our homework the best we've could and have a general overview of the campaign. We're now looking for more detailed information to help us after we've hit the beaches.

(We will be there a full week and spending our time among Guam, Saipan, and Tinian.)

We currently have:

Saipan & Tinian 1944: Piercing the Japanese Empire (Campaign)[Osprey]

The Liberation of Guam: 21 July-10 August 1944 [Harry Gailrey]

The Recapture of Guam [Major O. Robert Lodge, USMC]

Guide Historic Treasures Guam [by the National Park Service]

If there was any place to come for recommendations, we figured it would be here.

Also, if anyone has been there recently or has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated!

(We do plan to share the photos here when we get back; we are literally counting down the days till we depart!)

MikeS
Post #: 1
RE: Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip - 1/18/2013 2:00:44 PM   
AW1Steve

Destiny's Landfall: A History of Guam .
http://www.amazon.com/Destinys-Landfall-A-History-Guam/dp/0824833341/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358517598&sr=8-1&keywords=Destiny%27s+Landfall%3A+A+History+of+Guam

Best history of Guam I've seen.

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

(in reply to lb4269)
Post #: 2
RE: Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip - 1/18/2013 4:46:44 PM   
AW1Steve

BTW , one of our brethern, satisfaction , lives on Guam. You might PM him.

"Geezerhood is a state of mind, attained by being largely out of yours". AW1Steve

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 3
RE: Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip - 1/18/2013 9:11:07 PM   
JeffK

A flick through the "Green Books" from Center of Military History or the Marine Official History (both available at Hyperwar) could help and they have lots of maps.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Info Request for Guam / Saipain / Tinian Spring Trip Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI