Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Proud dad

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Proud dad Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Proud dad - 1/17/2013 7:34:14 AM   
wodin

Freja's (age 11) Battle of Hastings Homework..she had to be a spy reporting back to Harold..no help from me.

"King Harold, this is the spy you sent out to get some information on the Norman troops. First off, they have hundreds of ships each stocking hundreds maybe thousands of different type soldiers! I’ll explain each one the best I can. The spearmen are their main fighters and are equipped with a spear, shield and strong chainmail amour, next there are their specialized archers that have bows that have been crafted to a mind blowing standard and arrows are as sharp as knives! We may need to up our bow and arrow standards if we are going to beat the Normans...Finally, there is the cavalry and their horses, yes they have horses and yes they are strong powerful and quick. Each of the classes, have been trained fulltime are being well fed, well paid and have huge morale. If we don’t improve our soldiers we will most likely loose...I have caught a glimpse at Williams tactics and they aren’t anything special, just a straight forward attack; even though they have simple tactics, their powerful men will make their tactics the best we have known. With our Wryd being part time, not very well trained and paid a small amount of money, that fact could lose us the battle. Even with our great Housecarls the amazing cavalry and spearmen could pick them off one by one and while their archers kill loads more! From what I have gathered its clear we need to get our soldiers better and re-think tactics such as, stay on high ground so that the cavalry can’t get to you and the spearmen can be killed quickly, to get on high enough ground I suggest lead your soldiers to Senlac Hill from what I have saw William will be passing through there and it is the PERFECT place to put our troops! There are marshes left and right to where William and his men will be so he can’t go around; his men will have to walk up the hill only to be flung back down my an axe or sword! However we do need to train our troops more, just in case of any surprises... But beware, if our men go down the hill the cavalry will get them so take the cavalry out as soon as you can. Try to watch out for arrows as well, they could be a danger. Also discipline, we must stay disciplined otherwise the cavalry will be our downfall."

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 1:59:17 PM   
parusski

I just love how children of Freja's age are unabashed in their use of adjectives. That is a very entertaining report. What a spy she is.

I love the "huge morale" description. I wish I had some "amazing cavalry".

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 2:08:58 PM   
vonRocko

"specialized archers that have bows that have been crafted to a mind blowing standard". I love it! She's ready for gaming. Bright girl Wodin.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 3:17:16 PM   
Dave Briggs

11 years old! If I was her teacher she'd get and A+ from me.

“You're only young once but you can be immature for as long as you want”

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 3:22:27 PM   
british exil

Great report.

Would have died laughing if "the spy" had reminded Harold to keep an eye out for those archers.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to Dave Briggs)
Post #: 5
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 4:59:58 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

"specialized archers that have bows that have been crafted to a mind blowing standard". I love it! She's ready for gaming. Bright girl Wodin.

She has been gaming since about 4 or 5..trained her young...

Pleased people enjoyed it..I just told her she should have said Keep an eye out for the arrows..she loved it!

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 6
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 5:35:47 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

She has been gaming since about 4 or 5..trained her young...

Pleased people enjoyed it..I just told her she should have said Keep an eye out for the arrows..she loved it!

My daughter, no 21, likes to play Squad Leader and Panzer Blitz. She loves SPWAW and adores the Three Stooges. A few weeks ago a fine young man asked if he could marry my little girl. I said yes. He confided, much to my delight, that loving the Stooges and games was the clincher.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 7
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 5:42:57 PM   
Jevhaddah

Well Done on a great report, I bet it was the best one handed in

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 8
RE: Proud dad - 1/17/2013 6:19:30 PM   
Titanwarrior89

She will be a General one day.

"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 9
RE: Proud dad - 1/18/2013 3:23:53 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

A good read. At 11 I couldn't even tie my own shoes.

My only advise;

Enjoy it while you can wodin. It goes quick.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to Titanwarrior89)
Post #: 10
RE: Proud dad - 1/18/2013 10:14:01 AM   
BASB

Sadly I'm a proud dad who's losing his daughter to the big smoke, after a year off from her schooling she is going to a city uni to further her studies. She the first kid in my immediate family to attend uni. Sad but Proud.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 11
RE: Proud dad - 1/18/2013 3:32:14 PM   
Missouri_Rebel

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

She the first kid in my immediate family to attend uni.

Congrats. Let's hope that it will become a family tradition in the future.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 12
RE: Proud dad - 1/18/2013 5:11:34 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Sadly I'm a proud dad who's losing his daughter to the big smoke, after a year off from her schooling she is going to a city uni to further her studies. She the first kid in my immediate family to attend uni. Sad but Proud.

Congrats from me too..

(in reply to BASB)
Post #: 13
RE: Proud dad - 1/18/2013 11:58:09 PM   
Jevhaddah

Gratz from me too

My twin girls are at Stirling Uni atm my eldest went to Glasgow uni.

It's hard at first to let them go but.....

As the days go by yoo suddenly realize... that yoo have yoor life back.....

And they keep coming home anyway at holiday times and when the washing bundle gets too big for them to cope

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 14
RE: Proud dad - 1/19/2013 4:15:56 PM   
parusski

Jevhaddah spoke the truth:

quote:

As the days go by yoo suddenly realize... that yoo have yoor life back

Yeah, my life was back...and my wife and I have enjoyed every moment of it.

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Proud dad Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote