Apparent Crash After Airstrike

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
RD_Knights_X

Apparent Crash After Airstrike

Post by RD_Knights_X »

A H2H game appeared to crash after execution of airstrike. I say " appeared to" because it was getting close to the end of the battle. I'm not certain that it hadn't timed out.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Apparent Crash After Airstrike

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi Knights,

What day / turn where you playing?  Who was using the airstrike (host or client)?  Do you both have the latest updates and are either of you using the no fog mod?

Steve

Steamhammer

Post by Steamhammer »

I experienced the same in H2H games with 2 different oppontents. We replayed the map but it happened again when using airstrike.

In both cases everybody has patch installed (I asked them for that), about the no fog mod im not sure for my opponents, Im not using any mods.

Here details:

1st game, map Hill 314, Aug 7th, time 10:00, opponent played allies and hosted, he used airstrike and I crashed

2nd game, map St. Barthelemy, Aug 7th, time 14:00, me playing allies and I hosted, I used airstrike and he crashed. We tried 2 times with same result of crash.
RD_Knights_X

Post by RD_Knights_X »

The map was Foret de la Lande Pourrie
It was the first turn in the Op...Into the Flank
I was hosting.
I have installed the patch....But I failed to ask my opponent if he had. However, it seemed to play flawlessly up to the point of the executed air strike. The air strike was on the allied side (my side). The no fog mod was not on.
particoromulus

Post by particoromulus »

My friend and I have experienced the same bug. Both updated with the latest official update, playing full historical campaign. It happens on Hill 314 and Bion, both with allied airstrikes. We tried our own test, and were able to execute an airstrike without crashing the game on Hill 314 without any other activity on the map. Thinking we'd gotten past the glitch, we went to Bion, and in the thick of the fight with much movement and firing, the airstrike crashed the game.
RD_Knights_X

Post by RD_Knights_X »

Thx particoromulus and Steamhammer for the additional conditions dealing with this apparent issue. Good quality control testing as well particoromulus!

Steve....hopefully this sheds more light on the apparent problem.
thesock

Post by thesock »

I have found it happens with allied air stikes in Hill 314, Le Mesnil, La Bazoge, and both Notre Dame maps.
PipFromSlitherine

Post by PipFromSlitherine »

The latest update, available at the top of the forum, should solve this issue I believe.

Cheers

Pip
follow me on Twitter here

Return to “Tech Support”