Action cards, your thoughts please.

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Josh

Action cards, your thoughts please.

Post by Josh »

Along the line of the Officers thread, although I think there won't be that many questions as it is much more simple.
Still I ran into a situation which wasn't clear to me at first, namely;

The Volunteer card.
An Officer lvl 10 gets a "Volunteer" card in where he can raise volunteers in the neighbourhood. Be advised as this Officer *has to be* in a city to make it work. I was puzzled at first because it says; "click on highlighted hex" ... been searching on the map for a few minutes, no highlighted hex to be seen.
Then it struck me, this HQ has to be in a city, damaged or not, to make this card work. Nice card though, good find Vic. [:D]
Josh

RE: Action cards, your thoughts please.

Post by Josh »

The "Rebel Card", creates units 10 hexes away in enemy territory... anyone got this one to work?
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but after I press "play card" no eligible hexes show up, no matter where I click. I even put the HQ in a city... no go.
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

ORIGINAL: Josh

The "Rebel Card", creates units 10 hexes away in enemy territory... anyone got this one to work?
Don't know what I'm doing wrong but after I press "play card" no eligible hexes show up, no matter where I click. I even put the HQ in a city... no go.

I have the same problem, don´t know how to make it work. I call it the "useless card" [:D], really bad luck if you get it.[:(]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Josh

Post by Josh »

Oh that sucks then, would be awesome to place a rew rebel units behind enemy lines... facing loads of AI units right now, could use some help there see?
Vic

Post by Vic »

Rebel can only be played on a town with the same people as your regime. So a german general cannot play on a french town for example.
Volunteers must be a town within range 5.

best,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ah I see, thx for clearing that up.
Strategiusz

Post by Strategiusz »

My biggest problem with action cards lies in the fact that I do not know how given card exactly works.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Oh? It's my experience that most cards are pretty much self explanatory, except maybe a few. But maybe you are right and there could a an additional popup or whatever describing the card in detail.. or more detailed anyways. Still some are just trial and error, just click on play and see what happens. (your commander gets killed in a car accident lol)
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

I have installed 2.14, and I can see that AI is using action cards, but I have none and 'card' is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Your officers acquire active cards only after gaining some combat experience. I think it is somewhat of a random event also, though not certain of that. Play a few more turns and I'm sure one or more of your officers will get a card or two.
ORIGINAL: jnpoint

I have installed 2.14, and I can see that AI is using action cards, but I have none and 'card' is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?
Tac2i (formerly webizen)

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”