Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader replacement/program choices

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Leader replacement/program choices Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader replacement/program choices - 1/14/2013 11:47:04 AM   
spence

I really can't say for sure but it seems to me that the leaders of some of my units, particularly air units, seem to change and change for the worse spontaneously. Before I send a squadron into action I usually check the leader stats and, if the leader is an obvious dud, replace him.

But after some time in the combat area, I sometimes (not always) notice that the squadron doesn't seem to be recovering fatigue/morale very fast so I'll look at the squadron's leader stats again and find that the guy couldn't inspire a f@rt in the dysentery ward, couldn't lead a fish to water and thinks flying is moving his zipper.

It is just an impression but has anyone else observed similar things?
Post #: 1
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/14/2013 12:25:50 PM   
Barb

Most probably your original leader was shot down so a replacement among pilots was chosen - usually one of the worst you can find
- cure: check your squadrons in combat daily - and replace incompetent leaders with more competent from leader pools.

"Hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 2
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/14/2013 1:00:04 PM   
Puhis

That's the reason why I don't use pilots as leaders. I hate it when my carrier dive bomber leader is wounded or shot down, and replacement guy have aggression of 25 and air skill of 30...

(in reply to Barb)
Post #: 3
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/14/2013 10:36:19 PM   
Hermit

I don't know about your leader problem, but your comparisons are legendary

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 4
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/15/2013 5:25:12 AM   
jcjordan

You must be playing as the Allies. IMHO, it was by an offshoot of design/programming that the IJ get better random ldrs than Allied. While there's some fact to that early on Allied ldrs were crappy in real life but got better as the war goes on but you don't see that in game. I do like your comparison though

(in reply to Hermit)
Post #: 5
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/16/2013 11:55:16 PM   
Lifer

An option I use which seems to work is that if you like the flying leader, move him to group reserve.  He won't fly and so won't be lost in combat or ops loss.

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 6
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/17/2013 12:08:16 AM   
Lokasenna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lifer

An option I use which seems to work is that if you like the flying leader, move him to group reserve.  He won't fly and so won't be lost in combat or ops loss.

Greg

If you do this, make sure that when you 'get new pilot' you don't bring him out of the group reserve.

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 7
RE: Leader replacement/program choices - 1/20/2013 5:21:32 PM   
abulbulian

So the leader in 'Group Reserve' will still add his influence to any combat with that group in it's mission? If so, wish I had been doing this from day 1. A bit off question, but does the leader increase skills in 'Group Reserve'? Wondered before if pilots in 'Group Reserve' have their exp in skills improve as mission are flow with the group or not.

< Message edited by abulbulian -- 1/20/2013 5:23:16 PM >

- Beta Tester WitE and ATG
- Alpha Tester WitW

"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Leader replacement/program choices Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI