Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: AAR RE: Germans way overpowered in Gotterdamerung scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: AAR RE: Germans way overpowered in Gotterdamerung scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: AAR RE: Germans way overpowered in Gotterdamerung s... - 2/8/2013 8:10:03 PM   
Mark Clark

Just re-loaded from a save, it happened again.

Pardon my French but, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME?  The Germans should not even have any planes in the west in 1944, instead they have squadron after squadron of level 4 aircraft that are completely invincible!

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 31
RE: AAR RE: Germans way overpowered in Gotterdamerung s... - 2/9/2013 2:57:27 AM   
gwgardner

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mark Clark

Just re-loaded from a save, it happened again.

Pardon my French but, WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS GAME?  The Germans should not even have any planes in the west in 1944, instead they have squadron after squadron of level 4 aircraft that are completely invincible!

I'm playing the same scenario. My air units out of the UK have completely dominated the skies over France. I have destroyed at least four German air squadrons there. The only German air right now is based in Germany, out of range, and protecting strategic cities. My UK and US fleets are now in the Channel adding their air power, decimating the German coastal defenses prior to DDay.

Use the rightmost button on the mini-map to see air superiority. Green means you have control, red the enemy.

German air tech was very high at this stage of the war, and they were pumping out new air units faster than ever before in '44. However, Allied tech is up there too, with even more production. Take out German fighters wherever you can reach. Overwhelm them.

< Message edited by gwgardner -- 2/9/2013 2:59:22 AM >

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 32
RE: AAR RE: Germans way overpowered in Gotterdamerung s... - 2/9/2013 10:49:30 AM   
Mark Clark

That's what I'm trying to do.  I think the supply bug was hurting.  Now that I "fixed" it (by cheating) I am having better luck against the Luftwaffe.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 33
Gotterdamerung or "God Damned Wrong" scenario - 2/16/2013 5:50:18 PM   
Omnius

quote:

Just flew 15 consecutive sorties against a single german fighter squadron.  Mine all at level 4 and so was his.  Did not make a dent, not ONE step.  He chewed half of mine down to level six, however.

Can someone explain that?  Bad luck?  Or do you need aircraft at level 99 before you can take on the invincible AI?

Mark,
I took a look at the Gotterdamerung scenario and think of it as God Damned Wrong. I posted a few errors that need fixing but they won't really affect play balance. Did you look at the initial setup by setting Germany to human and turning off fog of war just to look at the setup? One thing I noticed was how few units there are on the Eastern Front for both sides but especially the Soviets.

Before playing a scenario I like to play as Switzerland and just let the AI's run amok. With FoW on and turning off clicking to dismiss the combat screens you can go through a whole lot of turns in short order to see how balanced or unbalanced the AI's are. I found that the Allied AI's don't seem to have too much trouble like you've had, espeically in Italy.

I did notice that the War Economy multiples are rather low, the USA and USSR just don't seem to be economic powerhouses like they were in history, that is most likely a big part of the problem.

If you want a good game then stop playing the Artificial Ignorances because they cheat way too much. I find that playing every country on human is the best way to enjoy the game. Yeah you lose the surprise factor but you can turn on the fog of war to keep from knowing too much about the other side.
Omnius

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 34
Air Power Suggestion - 2/16/2013 6:13:56 PM   
Omnius

quote:

Just flew 15 consecutive sorties against a single german fighter squadron.  Mine all at level 4 and so was his.  Did not make a dent, not ONE step.  He chewed half of mine down to level six, however.

Can someone explain that?  Bad luck?  Or do you need aircraft at level 99 before you can take on the invincible AI?

Mark,
I've been playing around with Strategic War in Europe because it's so much cleaner to play without so many bugs like in ToF. One thing about air power that I discovered from playing with SWiE is that the best way to reduce enemy fighters is by using my tactical bombers. You need to pay to the Air Superiority screen, it shows you where you have air superiority or not. I found that by ensuring my fighters are very near the front and covering hexes where I want to do tactical bombing I can use tactical bombers to draw enemy fighters out at a disadvantage thus whittling them down that way. You really need to whittle down enemy AI fighters before attacking them with full strength fighters of your own, then they'll shrivel and die. I also find using carrier air power works well in this regard and repairing a point of carrier air is cheaper than repairing actual air units.
Omnius

(in reply to Mark Clark)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> RE: AAR RE: Germans way overpowered in Gotterdamerung scenario Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI