Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strange dependency from game speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Strange dependency from game speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strange dependency from game speed - 1/13/2013 4:26:08 PM   
hamster max

Hi,

While testing the shield regeneration i noticed a strange thing:

At 4x game speed a Test-starport easily regenerated his shield more than the damage of a enemy Test-weaponbase armed with Titan-Beams.
Now i lowerd the game speed to 0,25x and suddenly the Test-weaponbase manged to destroy the Test-starport easily.

After doing some more tests I am pretty certain that the game speed affects the Hit-chance of Beam-Weapons.
(I didn´t test the other weapons)
(For reproducing this bug: Max Tech Level, 1x Weapon Base with 66xMeridian Shields and ECM, the other with 14 xTitan Beams and Raptor Targeting approximatly 100-150m distance)

It is not just a small difference, i think it´s about 2 oder 3 times more damage at 0,25x game speed, so i suggest to fix this bug quickly.

Sry for the english, i´m not a native speaker.

Game Version is Legends 1.7.0.16

Edit: I tested a litle more:
I tested a direct shootout between a Titan-Beam and a Plasma Thunderbolt Defens Base:
0,25 gamespeed: Titan-Base: 0% Shield Thunderbolt-Base: 20% Shields
1x gamespeed: Titan-Base: 0% Shield Thunderbolt-Base: 35% Shields
4x gamespeed: Titan-Base: 0%Shield Thunderbolt-Base: 93% Shields

Result: The Gamespeed reduces the Damage of Beam weapons by a huge amount.

In my opinion the reason for this could be:
The game calculates and updates the position of a object in dependency of game speed (makes sense because it would take a huge amount of computer power to update the position from about 10.000 Ships if the game speed is to high)
This would mean: Beam Weapons are more dependent on the position of the target and the simplified or less frequently calculation of positions leads to a higher ratio of misses with beam weapons.

Solution for this problem: Don´t try to program a simulation, just roll a dice and decide if it is a miss or a hit...

< Message edited by hamster max -- 1/13/2013 5:19:17 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Strange dependency from game speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI