Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

sidewinder

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> sidewinder Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
sidewinder - 1/12/2013 3:51:49 PM   
Dale H

From my poking around at the game website I am thinking this is commanding-one-side-in-World-War-4-by-ordering-the-launch-of-every-sidewinder type of game. Would this be correct?
Post #: 1
RE: sidewinder - 1/12/2013 5:21:32 PM   
Sunburn

A more accurate description would be "you _can_ order the launch of a single Sidewinder on lock-on-after-launch mode in high-parabolic trajectory with minimum loft time and with thrust-vectoring engaged, but you don't _have_ to."

From the first line of code, one of our primary design guidelines has been "minimum number of clicks per desired action".

Units, either acting individually or as part of a group or a mission (or both), follow sensible defaults with regards to detecting unknown units, identifying them, prosecuting them if relevant to their tasking, and avoiding enemy fire. These default behaviors can be tweaked by various mission-specific settings (if X do Y), RoE settings (which can be automatically inherited or overriden, a _major_ time-saver) and other options.

The player can intervene manually to finetune an action if he thinks he can come up with something better.

If you have browsed on our product page and watched the videos, you've already seen the units launch weapons and take other actions completely on their own, after being given only the most general directions by the player. This is not accidental.

And we are continuously working to refine the tactical AI to do even better.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 1/12/2013 5:26:35 PM >

Follow us on Facebook

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 2
RE: sidewinder - 1/12/2013 8:12:29 PM   
mikmyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dale H

From my poking around at the game website I am thinking this is commanding-one-side-in-World-War-4-by-ordering-the-launch-of-every-sidewinder type of game. Would this be correct?

Hi Dale.

Thanks for posting in.

It can be if you'd like it to be. We've automated much of the commands but you'd can also do manual plots and weapons allocation as well. We find that players go either or so we've got the options to do both.

I really view this game as a strike warfare simulation. Its really about planning and executing the perfect strike while preventing your opponent from doing the same.

M

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 3
RE: sidewinder - 1/12/2013 11:32:19 PM   
Dale H

Thanks, both. Interesting. I will have to take a closer look. Reassuring also.

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 4
RE: sidewinder - 1/13/2013 2:23:35 AM   
TheWombat

Yeah, I watched one of the videos and read up on some of this at the site. Really seems to be a nice balance of user control vs. autonomous operation, and I'm pretty psyched to see the final product.

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 5
RE: sidewinder - 1/13/2013 5:12:27 PM   
Dale H

Watched some of the videos & I see now how things work. I am impressed. Hurry, please.

(in reply to TheWombat)
Post #: 6
RE: sidewinder - 1/13/2013 5:38:02 PM   
wodin

If I can afford it I'm looking forward to the Falklands scenarios..and then any scenarios with nuclear weapons!!

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 7
RE: sidewinder - 1/13/2013 7:06:21 PM   
mikmyk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dale H

Watched some of the videos & I see now how things work. I am impressed. Hurry, please.

We'll do our best. Thanks!

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 8
RE: sidewinder - 1/27/2013 8:11:24 PM   
sprior

quote:

any scenarios with nuclear weapons!!

I can do that:

1. Pour lighter fluid on PC
2. Apply flame.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Air / Naval Operations >> sidewinder Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI