Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Spaceport not Building

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Spaceport not Building Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spaceport not Building - 1/12/2013 4:53:07 AM   
donkuchi

I have a problem. I have original DW and both expansions installed. I had a medium space port at my capital planet from the start of the game. I wanted to upgrade it to a large spaceport. I retired the original spaceport and then chose to build a large spaceport. The building isn't progressing though. After 2 full years of game time, it still says that 309 components are still building. (That is the same as when I first started to build it) Also, all of my freighters are now circled around the area where the space port would be and they can't unload. Any ideas on how to fix this or to get it to build the port?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Spaceport not Building - 1/12/2013 8:37:13 AM   
Darkspire

You are probably lacking the resources to build the spaceport, large ones do take longer to build and require more resources as well. In future I wouldn't retire the spaceport, just select the spaceport, right hand button and select the large spaceport design under retrofit.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to donkuchi)
Post #: 2
RE: Spaceport not Building - 1/12/2013 3:20:47 PM   
donkuchi

Is there a list anywhere on what resources are necessary to build a spaceport. I went back and checked my resource list and I have every resource in stock except Bifurian Silk, Caguar Fur, Zentabia Fluid, and Korabbian Spice. Looking at steel and gold, I have them in the thousands and every other resource I have in the hundreds at least. I can't seem to find what resources are required anywhere (galactopedia or the online wiki either)

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 3
RE: Spaceport not Building - 1/12/2013 9:46:13 PM   
Bingeling

There is a construction summary on the design. If you have the spaceport in ship list, you can also view its components and see the resources needed for the ones not build.

Also, sorting the colony/space port inventory on rsrvd and looking for strategic resources with smaller amount than reserved, reveals where the problems are.

If almost nothing is built, you probably lack something like steel, though. It does not help to have a big stash 2 sectors away :)

(in reply to donkuchi)
Post #: 4
RE: Spaceport not Building - 1/13/2013 4:32:25 PM   
donkuchi

Thanks!

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Spaceport not Building Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI