Matrix Games Forums

Community impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

stranded sub

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> stranded sub Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
stranded sub - 1/11/2013 8:36:56 PM   
dontra85

I have a sub that was intitally set for sub transport and has 48 supplies on it. It was send to wake island before it was taken by the japs. it has remained at wake since then. I have changed the status to patrol, sent it to other bases to off load the supplies and have attempted to send it back to Pearl but nothing i do will send it back to pearl. I am now waiting for it to run low on fuel to see if it will auto redeploy to pearl.
Post #: 1
RE: stranded sub - 1/11/2013 9:29:35 PM   
Califvol

Can’t say what your problem is, however, I have played the game since release and have had a learning curve about sub ops; you may want to try some of these solutions:

1. Make sure on the game setup page that you have auto sub ops turned OFF.

2. I’d suggest leaving it as a supply sub TF until you get the supply off it.

3. Make sure you have the TF selected to unload supplies.

4. Make sure it’s not in a patrol mode with way points set; if that is the case it will move from way point to way point until fuel is low.

5. Assuming the sub is in a patrol mode, use the same way point screen to eliminate all way points, it should then return to home port.

6. If that didn’t work or isn’t the problem, can you set a new home port? If so, set a new home port and return it.

7. If you can get the sub to a friendly port, unload the supplies there (may have to click the unload button).

8. If you can get it to a friendly port but it doesn’t unload, try disbanding the sub group, and then reform it. Once reformed off load the supplies at that port (click the unload button). Once unloaded, disband and then form again as a new sub group and assign any home port you want.

If the above doesn’t work, I suspect some kind of bug and recommend you post a save game file for possible review.

Why am I sharing my opinion? Because I am such a special snowflake that others need my knowledge. What…there are like a billion snowflakes? Oh, well isn't that special.

(in reply to dontra85)
Post #: 2
RE: stranded sub - 1/12/2013 1:08:54 AM   
michaelm

I assume you have the TF set to "Human control"?

Michael

(in reply to Califvol)
Post #: 3
RE: stranded sub - 1/12/2013 3:38:17 AM   
erstad

Also, make sure it is currently set to do not unload. I do not know if this is a problem, but I might speculate it started to unload before the base was lost, and is now stuck in an unload status but can't unload as there are no friendlies present.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> stranded sub Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI