Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Entente)?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Entente)? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Entente)? - 1/10/2013 9:04:53 PM   
ojnab_bob

Playing as the Entente, I pushed the Germans back into their Fatherland and had taken Ruhr and Strassburg, with Munich and Frankfurt under fire, sank the High Seas Fleet with the 10% resultant morale loss... yet the Germans never surrendered and I was told I had suffered a marginal defeat after the last turn!

Do other people ever see Germany throwing in the towel in the 1918 scenario? Do other people play scenarios besides 1914? The Kaiser must have been one heck of a leader in my alternate world... even the SPD must have worshipped him.

Btw, it was tough to get US troops into France in mass even by late 1918... building infantry, then shipping them across the atlantic, then entraining them to the front, then waiting for their efficiency to recover is about a 10-14 turn process.
Post #: 1
RE: Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Enten... - 1/10/2013 9:12:25 PM   
catwhoorg

I have yet to start anything other than 1914, though it was my intention to play this scenario as entente next time I start a game versus the AI.

That will probably be this weekend, so I'll see how my results compare.

(in reply to ojnab_bob)
Post #: 2
RE: Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Enten... - 1/11/2013 7:06:33 AM   
FOARP

A scenario only 20 turns long? I'd have to mod the victory conditions so the war could end in 1921 or 1922 before I bothered with it. I guess it could be good for multi-player, but the German/Austrian morale needs to be changed so that they collapse if they don't take Paris and suffer significant loses. Likewise, the French morale should be low enough that they quit if Paris falls.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 3
RE: Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Enten... - 1/14/2013 12:57:39 PM   
catwhoorg

21 turns.

Ended up with a marginal defeat ... eep.

The US troops arrived just fast enough to plug some holes in France, and then push the line back North a bit.
Italy had it rough initially, but took Trieste and was in Southern Germany at the end.
Balkan front moved North 1 Hex over most of the front
Middle East was a disaster for me. I over extended and got torn to pieces.

5-6 more turns would have been decisive.

(in reply to FOARP)
Post #: 4
RE: Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Enten... - 1/14/2013 9:03:34 PM   
ojnab_bob

Catwhoorg, that basically is what happened in my scenario as well (although I drew in the Middle East, which was fortunate. The AI trained in absolute swarms of units there).

Judging from the morale levels of the European Entente powers, it seems to me that all of the morale levels are pegged too high for this scenario. We shouldn't suffer marginal defeats for territory/casualty results far better than the historical result.

(in reply to catwhoorg)
Post #: 5
RE: Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Enten... - 1/15/2013 9:39:45 PM   
catwhoorg

I'll have to fire up the scenario as the CP to gauge how their morale is, but I agree that they certainly seem to be a little high.

The Entente morale and MP reserves seemed high in some cases.

(in reply to ojnab_bob)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Thoughts on the 1918 scenario (just played as Entente)? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI