Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What about the new WiTE expansion?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What about the new WiTE expansion? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/10/2013 3:19:54 PM   
GBS

The 2by3 website mentions a new scenario expansion coming for WiTE. Does anyone know what might be included and what the scheduled arrival might be? Also, any new features or fixes?
Post #: 1
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/10/2013 3:46:06 PM   
gradenko_2000

I think what might interest people more than Don to the Danube's short/small scenarios would be alternate Grand Campaign set-ups:

* A turn 2-1941 or post-Battle of Smolensk 1941 scenario, similar to the Dec 8 WITP scenario where the first week or first few weeks of the campaign are locked in and historical. A turn 2 scenario would be especially interesting since it would remove the possibility of a Lvov pocket in exchange for the Soviet forces not having run away (as much)

* A 1942 scenario set around Feb or March of that year, before the German player's set-up is locked in to AGS

* A 1943 scenario set around Feb or March of that year, before the German player's set-up is locked in to Zitadelle

* For a short scenario ideas, how about a reverse "Road to Minsk" set at the beginning of Bagration

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 2
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/10/2013 4:32:48 PM   
elmo3

We've been testing a number of new scenarios for a couple of months. No specific number of scenarios has been decided yet to my knowledge and no release date has been set yet but I'd guess some time in early to mid Q2. No new features are planned AFAIK, but bugs will continue to be squashed as they turn up. Joel can add more info, or slap me around if I have said too much already.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to gradenko_2000)
Post #: 3
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/10/2013 4:35:44 PM   
Joel Billings

The scenario expansion will have 10 new scenarios, including a 9 turn Operation Bagration scenario. It also includes a Stalingrad to Berlin Campaign that starts with the November 19 Soviet turn; a Smolensk 1941 10 turn scenario starting July 10 1941 and a 17 turn Vistula to Berlin scenario. There's a mixture of small, medium and large scenarios. This product features scenarios from past contributors Trey Marshall and John Duquette, as well as scenarios from John Young and Wayne Close. More information will follow over the next several months.

As far as game changes, we continue to try to address bugs as they come up, but we are not planning any major new features or systems adjustments this year. As we've discussed in the past, we are working hard on War in the West 43-45, with the expectation that the major system changes being made for WitW will be included in a future Eastern Front product. This product will be clearly a descendent of WitE, but will also be very different in many ways (including a different map built for all of Europe, although still at the 10 mile scale). To get a view of this map check out the weather video posted on the www.2by3games.com website.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to gradenko_2000)
Post #: 4
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/10/2013 5:18:46 PM   
SuluSea

Thanks for the update guys! Joel, I find your candor refreshing. Many times we see developers put a lid on news until the product is close to the market. I like that you keep us informed of short and long range plans for the series from my vantage point it shows not only confidence in the product you have but belief in your ability to deliver more of the stellar work. First day buy for me!!

< Message edited by SuluSea -- 1/10/2013 5:19:18 PM >

”How strangely will the Tools of a Tyrant pervert the plain Meaning of Words!” ~ Samuel Adams

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 5
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/11/2013 11:10:47 PM   
Kelblau

I would appreciate a free setup Grand Campaign 41, with the ability to relocate CUs as well as redistribute SUs and change HQs attachments for both sides prior to turn 1. Perhaps with the option to relocate CUs only wthin Army Groups and Fronts boundaries)

< Message edited by Kelblau -- 1/11/2013 11:13:21 PM >

(in reply to GBS)
Post #: 6
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/12/2013 3:44:04 AM   
Numdydar

It is called an Editor lol.

(in reply to Kelblau)
Post #: 7
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/12/2013 8:22:01 AM   
Kelblau

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

It is called an Editor lol.

I know that, dear Numdydar. But, as you probably know, Wite editor is cumbersome and neither user-friendly nor cheat-proof.

Using an editor in multiplayer game implies that the german player edits the scenario, change his troops dispositions, and then sends the edited scenario to the soviet player who changes his troops disposition, and then they would start the first turn. Do not you see that this way of proceeding is clumsy, opens possibilities of mistakes since there are almost no limitations to what can be edited (without even cheating). Additionaly, it instantly removes fog of war and any strategic surprise - which is precisely the interesting part when both players are allowed an alternative setup.

What I am asking is a pre-turn that allows limited setup modifications without breaking the flow of the game.

To see what I mean, play the Decisive Campaign : Case Blue Campaign scenario with a pre-turn. It is popular for a reason.

< Message edited by Kelblau -- 1/12/2013 8:37:20 AM >

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 8
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/12/2013 11:43:49 AM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kelblau

I would appreciate a free setup Grand Campaign 41, with the ability to relocate CUs as well as redistribute SUs and change HQs attachments for both sides prior to turn 1. Perhaps with the option to relocate CUs only wthin Army Groups and Fronts boundaries)

This thread is for the upcoming scenario disk. There is a Suggestion thread in this forum for these ideas. I can guarantee this won't be part of the scenario disk or the current WitE. Way too early to tell if something like this might make it into WitE 2.0.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Kelblau)
Post #: 9
RE: What about the new WiTE expansion? - 1/13/2013 7:59:24 PM   
Kelblau

quote:

This thread is for the upcoming scenario disk. There is a Suggestion thread in this forum for these ideas. I can guarantee this won't be part of the scenario disk or the current WitE. Way too early to tell if something like this might make it into WitE 2.0.

Thank you for this precious information. I was indecisive about buying the second scenario disk, after a quite disappointing first expansion. Now I know that I won't waste my money on it and wait for WitE 2.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> What about the new WiTE expansion? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI