Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? - 1/10/2013 2:44:14 PM   
PKH

I see there will be a release called modern wars. Any plans to update the others like 'east front' later ? With a UI updated to modern standards I'd definately buy it. Not that interested in modern wars myself.
Post #: 1
RE: Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? - 1/10/2013 4:46:43 PM   
lparkh

Out of curiosity what would be a "UI updated to modern standards" be?

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 2
RE: Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? - 1/10/2013 7:11:24 PM   
PKH

You can read my posts in the thread about fixes to get an idea of what I think should be done. The current UI is something only a caveman could be proud of IMO, and it can be done a lot more efficient without a lot of work.

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 3
RE: Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? - 1/11/2013 5:39:23 AM   
Jason Petho

I am still looking for a programmer.

The plan is to have the game being windowed as a priority for a future UPDATE, to make the UI a little more current.

Jason Petho

Petho Cartography

Mapping Military History

The website needs to be updated.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 4
RE: Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? - 1/11/2013 8:35:56 AM   
PKH

My main gripes are with move/fire mode, the need for reserve ap switches, group actions and the mission setup mode. These are some of the most used parts of the UI, and they are just really clunky, and can be done a lot better. I wrote some suggestions in the other thread.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
RE: Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? - 1/12/2013 11:23:40 PM   
lparkh

Thank you for taking time to summarize.

(in reply to PKH)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Any plans for an updated version besides modern wars ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI