Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Political actions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Political actions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Political actions? - 1/10/2013 9:06:17 AM   
doomtrader

Can the player affect any country to be more willing to join his side?
I've already seen that attacking some countries might make other to be more eager to join enemy alliance.
However how to get more countries on your side?
Post #: 1
RE: Political actions? - 1/10/2013 12:12:13 PM   
FOARP

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any mechanism that allows this. Bulgaria is supposed to become more friendly to the Central Powers if they declare war on Romania, but since Romania will usually join the allies by themselves, and since Bulgaria automatically joins the Central Powers unless the CP have suffered major defeats, there's no point in doing this. You can influence countries to join the opposing side by e.g., sinking convoys and declaring war on neutrals however.

Ideally the game would award diplomatic influence points based on the number of friendly capitals held which you could spend to influence neutrals on to your side, or you could buy diplomats which you assign to influencing countries onto you side in the same way you buy labs to develop technologies. Obviously certain countries (Switzerland and maybe Sweden) should be immune to influence though. However this kind of feature has not been implemented in-game and may never be.

Personally, my favourite move after conquering France as the Central Power is to declare war on the USA, Spain, and Portugal. The battles you find yourself fighting in Spain against the assembled might of the allies are most epic.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Commander - The Great War >> Political actions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI