Panther Games..

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

wodin

Panther Games..

Post by wodin »

Hope your all OK with regards to the fires over there..looks terrible.

Jason
Arjuna

RE: Panther Games..

Post by Arjuna »

Fires always look terrible. Thankfully this year so far the Australian Capital Territory ( ie Canberra ) where I live has been spared. But it's early days. It's ten years this month since the devastating fires that destroyed over 400 homes ripped through Weston Creek which is the group of suburbs I'm in. The rural fire chief was on TV this morning saying that the real test will come in early Feb. So we keep our eyes peeled and stay vigilant.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Bil H

Post by Bil H »

Damn Dave.. I remember back then you talking about hosing down your house and property when those fires were going on close by. Have we really been at this that long? [;)]
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Field strip your butts and keeps a "Coopers" emergency fire station within easy reach.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
Arjuna

Post by Arjuna »

ORIGINAL: Bil H

Damn Dave.. I remember back then you talking about hosing down your house and property when those fires were going on close by. Have we really been at this that long? [;)]

Of course not Bil. You can be so gullible at times. [;)]

Now for all those climate change deniers out there check out the weather stats for Australia. Alice Springs, which is in the centre of the continent has not had a day under 40C since the start of the year. That's never been heard of. Two days ago we had the hottest average day across the continent on record and we haven't yet hit the hottest part of summer. I know some of you out there are still arguing we are on the way to a new ice age but as far as I am concerned the verdicts in well and truly and our stewardship of this planet maybe short lived.
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

Well, I personally think a 3 in one million chance (I think that's the latest they're saying) of that Apophis asteroid hitting us in 2036 is pretty bad. Might not have to wait for the drought or ice-age. They say when it passes in 2029 they will know exactly whether it will hit us in 2036. Which will leave 7 years to do something about it. Russia has already said it's planning for that. It's a 300m diametre rock. Like the one that killed the dinosaurs......

3 in 1 million. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20961003
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

I'm all for the elimination of mankind which has basically become a virus self replicating and spreading everywhere.

Near where I go on the Jurassic coast (Seaton, Devon) there are white and red cliffs abutting. The red are from 90 million years ago when the land was near the equator and a desert, the white from 200 million years ago when it was under the sea. The time and forces that move continents and affect the world climate are far beyond the control of Man.

The biggest problem with the 2036 hit is that I might still not have time to win as the Axis at Hofen or Manhay.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Well having an eleven year old I'm not really keen on extinction..now or in the near future..if I didn't then it's not a thought that would bother to much.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

And I have 6 and 7 year olds. And I hope I'll still be here too.

Maybe the Knock on All Doors pack which they're going to put out will give you more firepower, Alti (as Axis, I mean). The historical scenarios are very well set up, I think - so that usually it's difficult to get a result which wasn't the historical one (and generally, the more force you have, the more likely you are to win, and as far as the Bulge goes, the Allies have a lot more force - it just takes a little time to arrive). But playing it through is good for waking you up to the history. Whilst we're still on the planet...
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

I stayed in Bastogne one cold January a few years ago on a trip to take in some of the Bulge battle sites.

There's a book called "Those Devils in Baggy Pants" by Ross S Carter who was with the 82nd. Almost the last chapter is about Christmas Eve 1944 when he was seriously wounded at what I guess was near Manhay Crossroads. The book is worth getting if you can find a copy.
Phoenix100

Post by Phoenix100 »

You did well to get a Vic at Manhay, Alti. I just tried and could only get a draw, again. So much allied materiel flooding in.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Well, I personally think a 3 in one million chance (I think that's the latest they're saying) of that Apophis asteroid hitting us in 2036 is pretty bad. Might not have to wait for the drought or ice-age. They say when it passes in 2029 they will know exactly whether it will hit us in 2036. Which will leave 7 years to do something about it. Russia has already said it's planning for that. It's a 300m diametre rock. Like the one that killed the dinosaurs......

3 in 1 million. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20961003

Hopefully, the plan is a bit better than landing a couple space shuttles loaded with nukes on it.
danlongman

Post by danlongman »

Bruce Willis will be too old to sacrifice Himself to save us!!!
Some sacrifice BTW...instant vapourisation with the knowledge Ben Affleck will be tupping your daughter
or suffocating when there is no planet to go home to.
"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

... I know some of you out there are still arguing we are on the way to a new ice age but as far as I am concerned the verdicts in well and truly and our stewardship of this planet maybe short lived.

Then you best hurry with the latest patch [;)]
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

Return to “Command Ops Series”