Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Panther Games..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Panther Games.. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Panther Games.. - 1/9/2013 6:02:01 PM   
wodin

Hope your all OK with regards to the fires over there..looks terrible.

Jason

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

Post #: 1
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/9/2013 10:37:02 PM   
Arjuna

Fires always look terrible. Thankfully this year so far the Australian Capital Territory ( ie Canberra ) where I live has been spared. But it's early days. It's ten years this month since the devastating fires that destroyed over 400 homes ripped through Weston Creek which is the group of suburbs I'm in. The rural fire chief was on TV this morning saying that the real test will come in early Feb. So we keep our eyes peeled and stay vigilant.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 2
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 4:06:58 AM   
Bil H

Damn Dave.. I remember back then you talking about hosing down your house and property when those fires were going on close by. Have we really been at this that long?

Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Website:
http://www.bilhardenberger.com

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 5:07:05 AM   
danlongman

Field strip your butts and keeps a "Coopers" emergency fire station within easy reach.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 4
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 7:19:34 AM   
Arjuna

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bil H

Damn Dave.. I remember back then you talking about hosing down your house and property when those fires were going on close by. Have we really been at this that long?

Of course not Bil. You can be so gullible at times.

Now for all those climate change deniers out there check out the weather stats for Australia. Alice Springs, which is in the centre of the continent has not had a day under 40C since the start of the year. That's never been heard of. Two days ago we had the hottest average day across the continent on record and we haven't yet hit the hottest part of summer. I know some of you out there are still arguing we are on the way to a new ice age but as far as I am concerned the verdicts in well and truly and our stewardship of this planet maybe short lived.

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 5
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 8:11:47 AM   
phoenix

Well, I personally think a 3 in one million chance (I think that's the latest they're saying) of that Apophis asteroid hitting us in 2036 is pretty bad. Might not have to wait for the drought or ice-age. They say when it passes in 2029 they will know exactly whether it will hit us in 2036. Which will leave 7 years to do something about it. Russia has already said it's planning for that. It's a 300m diametre rock. Like the one that killed the dinosaurs......

3 in 1 million. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20961003

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 6
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 8:43:52 AM   
altipueri

I'm all for the elimination of mankind which has basically become a virus self replicating and spreading everywhere.

Near where I go on the Jurassic coast (Seaton, Devon) there are white and red cliffs abutting. The red are from 90 million years ago when the land was near the equator and a desert, the white from 200 million years ago when it was under the sea. The time and forces that move continents and affect the world climate are far beyond the control of Man.

The biggest problem with the 2036 hit is that I might still not have time to win as the Axis at Hofen or Manhay.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 7
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 8:49:58 AM   
wodin

Well having an eleven year old I'm not really keen on extinction..now or in the near future..if I didn't then it's not a thought that would bother to much.

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 8
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 8:57:30 AM   
phoenix

And I have 6 and 7 year olds. And I hope I'll still be here too.

Maybe the Knock on All Doors pack which they're going to put out will give you more firepower, Alti (as Axis, I mean). The historical scenarios are very well set up, I think - so that usually it's difficult to get a result which wasn't the historical one (and generally, the more force you have, the more likely you are to win, and as far as the Bulge goes, the Allies have a lot more force - it just takes a little time to arrive). But playing it through is good for waking you up to the history. Whilst we're still on the planet...

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 9
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 10:26:53 PM   
altipueri

I stayed in Bastogne one cold January a few years ago on a trip to take in some of the Bulge battle sites.

There's a book called "Those Devils in Baggy Pants" by Ross S Carter who was with the 82nd. Almost the last chapter is about Christmas Eve 1944 when he was seriously wounded at what I guess was near Manhay Crossroads. The book is worth getting if you can find a copy.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 10
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 10:58:17 PM   
phoenix

You did well to get a Vic at Manhay, Alti. I just tried and could only get a draw, again. So much allied materiel flooding in.

(in reply to altipueri)
Post #: 11
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 11:09:15 PM   
Qwixt

quote:

ORIGINAL: phoenix

Well, I personally think a 3 in one million chance (I think that's the latest they're saying) of that Apophis asteroid hitting us in 2036 is pretty bad. Might not have to wait for the drought or ice-age. They say when it passes in 2029 they will know exactly whether it will hit us in 2036. Which will leave 7 years to do something about it. Russia has already said it's planning for that. It's a 300m diametre rock. Like the one that killed the dinosaurs......

3 in 1 million. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-20961003

Hopefully, the plan is a bit better than landing a couple space shuttles loaded with nukes on it.

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 12
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/10/2013 11:44:18 PM   
danlongman

Bruce Willis will be too old to sacrifice Himself to save us!!!
Some sacrifice BTW...instant vapourisation with the knowledge Ben Affleck will be tupping your daughter
or suffocating when there is no planet to go home to.

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 13
RE: Panther Games.. - 1/14/2013 11:45:05 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Arjuna

... I know some of you out there are still arguing we are on the way to a new ice age but as far as I am concerned the verdicts in well and truly and our stewardship of this planet maybe short lived.

Then you best hurry with the latest patch

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Panther Games.. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI