Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[closed] Looking for veteran/expert Axis (or an unexperienced Soviet)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> [closed] Looking for veteran/expert Axis (or an unexperienced Soviet) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[closed] Looking for veteran/expert Axis (or an unexper... - 1/9/2013 8:52:06 AM   
Toidi

Hi,

I decided to try the game once again . Hope it has changed a bit and is better balanced in later years. As such, i will stick to Soviets and I look for Axis opposition.

I should be able to play 3-6 turns a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less - note that the early turns for Soviets are somewhat time demanding, whereas later on there are times when it is much quicker.

Email (toidi@o2.pl) is preferred as server used to be unreliable, but a server game is an option.

I would say that a sensible house rule against non-expert player is no paratroop drops until 42; I can agree on both random and non-random weather. I think random is more fun, but it is also in Axis favour, so non-random weather is ok for me. I can also play modified victory condition, or the standard one... I prefer to play with Fog of war, but no FoW is fine to me.

I can either play latest beta or the release version (1.06.19 is what I have installed, but I can upgrade to latest beta).

I guess I am a medium to good quality player, with some experience (2 games); I am not an expert. Looking for similar opposition. If you consider yourself and expert, let me know and I will play with the airdrops from the beginning and use every trick I know - I will probably lose bitterly nonetheless .

Note I may decide to do an AAR (with the Opponent agreement), but as it is a lot of work, not sure I will go for it. If I will, the Opponent will be kindly asked not to look, as doing it with a delay as I did before is less fun...

T.

< Message edited by Toidi -- 2/23/2013 4:52:28 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for Axis opponent... - 1/9/2013 10:25:13 AM   
Toidi

My opponent resigned just before Oct '41 and I may be searching for an opponent soon. Still, undecided at the moment as Soviets seems to have a bit too much of an advantage in '41 currently (or 821Bobo was just not able to use his forces in efficient manner).

< Message edited by Toidi -- 2/16/2013 1:44:19 AM >

(in reply to Toidi)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for Axis opponent... - 2/20/2013 2:28:21 AM   
Toidi

Hi,

I re-open the search as my opponents either resigned or are failing to materialise.

For an interesting game, I can either play against a veteran/expert Axis player, or against a relatively unexperienced Soviet player. I only played a single game as Axis, and it has finished in '41 as the opponent was not experienced at all... However, my Axis skill are not great and I would lose bitterly with myself ;) As such, I can only play Axis with opp who played max 1 game as Soviets.

I changed my preferences - the server works quite all right now. As such I prefer the server game as it means I am not accused of cheating. Random weather is preferred.

Also, I would appreciate if you last a bit longer than 821Bobo who quit (as Axis) around turn 13 for reasons unknown.

T.

(in reply to Toidi)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for Axis opponent... - 2/23/2013 12:51:08 AM   
Toidi

Closed for now...

< Message edited by Toidi -- 2/23/2013 4:52:58 AM >

(in reply to Toidi)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted >> [closed] Looking for veteran/expert Axis (or an unexperienced Soviet) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI