Emergency supply question while playing Demo

Command Ops: Battles From The Bulge takes the highly acclaimed Airborne Assault engine back to the West Front for the crucial engagements during the Ardennes Offensive. Test your command skills in the fiery crucible of Airborne Assault’s “pausable continuous time” uber-realistic game engine. It's up to you to develop the strategy, issue the orders, set the pace, and try to win the laurels of victory in the cold, shadowy Ardennes.
Command Ops: Highway to the Reich brings us to the setting of one of the most epic and controversial battles of World War II: Operation Market-Garden, covering every major engagement along Hell’s Highway, from the surprise capture of Joe’s Bridge by the Irish Guards a week before the offensive to the final battles on “The Island” south of Arnhem.

Moderators: Panther Paul, Arjuna

Qwixt

Emergency supply question while playing Demo

Post by Qwixt »

So I am trying out the demo, and trying to decide between this and scourge of war before the sale ends. When playing I see all sorts of supply messages go by, like requests for emergency supplies, but I didn't see how I could really do anything other than possibly re-org them and/or move them back. Was I suppose to do something about these emergency supply requests?
Bil H

RE: Emergency supply question while playing Demo

Post by Bil H »

Nope.. other than shortening supply lines for those units that are in trouble, or insuring that they are not cut off, the supply distribution from base to unit is totally out of your hands (IOW handled by your staff). Those messages are a cue that you might want to examine the status of the units concerned.

Bil
Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Combat Mission Blog:
https://battledrill.blogspot.com/
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Thank you.
Lieste

Post by Lieste »

Look at their supply position (whether they are exposed within enemy controlled territory ~ if so, support with other units, or withdraw to safer positions). Consider whether they are 'over committed'... you perhaps should consider relieving units that have too-frequent recourse to emergency supply, or are bunkering down from fatigue...

You can also optimise the supply net ~ ensuring that Regimental supply is in near proximity to the FLOT and supplied units ~ and that the Regt is grouped together, rather than dispersed over large sections of the frontage. Avoid supply runs that are parallel to the front-line trace, or which must traverse enemy controlled areas. There isn't any *direct* response to supply messages (though for cut-off units, reducing their supply priority until link up is made can reduce the wastage of supply assets in attempting re-supply to a hopeless position.
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Thanks. I would see this message quite soon after attacks had begun. I kind of ignored the messages just to see how things played out. I never moved the main HQ units up until the very end, which was to cover an objective as I was surprised I did not get credit for the objective which was well behind my lines, and I was the last one to control it. After playing, I went back in, and noticed a supply button which might have shed more light on supplies to units. I believe it was set to command by default.

Return to “Command Ops Series”