Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Emergency supply question while playing Demo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Emergency supply question while playing Demo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Emergency supply question while playing Demo - 1/8/2013 11:50:38 PM   
Qwixt

So I am trying out the demo, and trying to decide between this and scourge of war before the sale ends. When playing I see all sorts of supply messages go by, like requests for emergency supplies, but I didn't see how I could really do anything other than possibly re-org them and/or move them back. Was I suppose to do something about these emergency supply requests?
Post #: 1
RE: Emergency supply question while playing Demo - 1/8/2013 11:57:38 PM   
Bil H

Nope.. other than shortening supply lines for those units that are in trouble, or insuring that they are not cut off, the supply distribution from base to unit is totally out of your hands (IOW handled by your staff). Those messages are a cue that you might want to examine the status of the units concerned.

Bil

Ah, well, since you do not wish death, then how about a rubber chicken?

Sam the Eagle

My Website:
http://www.bilhardenberger.com

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 2
RE: Emergency supply question while playing Demo - 1/8/2013 11:58:37 PM   
Qwixt

Thank you.

(in reply to Bil H)
Post #: 3
RE: Emergency supply question while playing Demo - 1/9/2013 12:01:49 AM   
Lieste

Look at their supply position (whether they are exposed within enemy controlled territory ~ if so, support with other units, or withdraw to safer positions). Consider whether they are 'over committed'... you perhaps should consider relieving units that have too-frequent recourse to emergency supply, or are bunkering down from fatigue...

You can also optimise the supply net ~ ensuring that Regimental supply is in near proximity to the FLOT and supplied units ~ and that the Regt is grouped together, rather than dispersed over large sections of the frontage. Avoid supply runs that are parallel to the front-line trace, or which must traverse enemy controlled areas. There isn't any *direct* response to supply messages (though for cut-off units, reducing their supply priority until link up is made can reduce the wastage of supply assets in attempting re-supply to a hopeless position.

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 4
RE: Emergency supply question while playing Demo - 1/9/2013 12:19:48 AM   
Qwixt

Thanks. I would see this message quite soon after attacks had begun. I kind of ignored the messages just to see how things played out. I never moved the main HQ units up until the very end, which was to cover an objective as I was surprised I did not get credit for the objective which was well behind my lines, and I was the last one to control it. After playing, I went back in, and noticed a supply button which might have shed more light on supplies to units. I believe it was set to command by default.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Emergency supply question while playing Demo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI