Japanese Type 3 mine

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

obvert

Japanese Type 3 mine

Post by obvert »

This may have been covered before, but what uses the Type 3 mine?

The CM, CMc, ACM, PB and AMC ships all seem to use either the Type 93 or Type 4 mines. Both the I-boat and the RO subs use the Type 88 mine.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
btbw

RE: Japanese Type 3 mine

Post by btbw »

I think it aerial mine.

via
obvert

Post by obvert »

Great info on the mine! Very cool.

I went through the Japanese bombers as late as 12/43, and I didn't see any way of dropping mines from the air. Is it possible or is this device simply there for realism purposes but is never able to be used in game?
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

You can't use it playing stock scenarios. I believe it's there for modders. [;)]
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Puhis

You can't use it playing stock scenarios. I believe it's there for modders. [;)]

Thanks. Good to know.

Tantalizing, all of those mines in the pool.
btbw

Post by btbw »

ORIGINAL: obvert
I didn't see any way of dropping mines from the air.
City attack mode.

crsutton

Post by crsutton »

ORIGINAL: Puhis

Then you have better tell my opponent that he needs to stop doing it in my scenario #2 game because both of us use air dropped mines.[;)] Any medium or heavy bomber can drop mines as long as you have enough in the pool. Simply refer to the screenie posted in the earlier post above. It is done by choosing a city attack and then selecting mine port button. All bases level one and above that have a port are eligible for mines.
I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: btbw
I didn't see any way of dropping mines from the air.
City attack mode.

Just saw this. Thanks!
obvert

Post by obvert »

Does anyone know when the mines are available for air dropping? I can't seem to find any bomber with the option available in 1/44.
Grfin Zeppelin

Post by Grfin Zeppelin »

Does anyone know when the mines are available for air dropping? I can't seem to find any bomber with the option available in 1/44.
Cant remember exactly but I am sure I started to mine ports in early 44 with them. With Helens, Nettys or Frances.

obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

Cant remember exactly but I am sure I started to mine ports in early 44 with them. With Helens, Nettys or Frances.

I'll keep trying and eventually when they work I'll try to remember to follow up here. So far I've tried with Frnaces and Bettys from HQ supported level 5 and level 9 fields, so if that didn't work I'm guessing they are not available yet.
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Page 152 of the manual.

Air dropped mines:
  • not before 1943
  • on base with a port
  • access via city attack mission

Alfred

Return to “The War Room”