Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship picture format

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ship picture format Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship picture format - 1/7/2013 10:26:34 PM   
Suspected Mammal

I have been working on my own scenario and needed some custom ships. So far despite my tinkering (I am definitely not an artist), I have had zero luck getting a modified ship image to display in game.

So far, even taking a known good image and replacing the vessel in it with my own does not seem to work.

Is the ship image loader very picky? Could it be my editor? Should any old 200x60 BMP work or is it more than that?

Please take pity on my ignorance! :)
Post #: 1
RE: Ship picture format - 1/8/2013 3:36:49 AM   
Gary Childress

Hi Suspected Mammal, every ship has two images corresponding to it. One is based on a pink (255,0,255) background and the other is based on an ocean and sky background. The pink background goes in one folder (with all the other pink backgrounds) and the sky background in the other (with all the others of that type).

Can you tell us exactly what the images are doing in your game or how you are trying to incoporate them and it might be easier to help you with some more information.

Favorite/Awesome games from Matrix

War in the Pacific/AE
Panzer Corps
Commander Europe at War
John Tiller's Campaign Series
The Close Combat Series (all versions)

(in reply to Suspected Mammal)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship picture format - 1/9/2013 9:04:42 AM   
Suspected Mammal

Hi Gary,

I was generally just taking an existing shil and side image from the games ART folder and replacing the ship in them with the ship that I wanted. Then adding them to the folders you mentioned and incrementing the number by one. But so far no luck. Bit pressed for time today but tomorrow I can pop up an example of what I was doing.

(in reply to Gary Childress)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship picture format - 1/9/2013 12:36:50 PM   
MateDow

quote:

ORIGINAL: Suspected Mammal
I was generally just taking an existing shil and side image from the games ART folder and replacing the ship in them with the ship that I wanted. Then adding them to the folders you mentioned and incrementing the number by one. But so far no luck. Bit pressed for time today but tomorrow I can pop up an example of what I was doing.

Double check that you have the formatting correct. It should be 96 dpi and have a bit depth of 24. Some programs don't save that as the default.

Post #: 4
RE: Ship picture format - 1/9/2013 11:00:16 PM   
Suspected Mammal

Yeah that seemed to be my problem. Just switched to MS Paint and it works fine :) Must have been saved in the wrong format in my other editor. Cheers guys.

(in reply to MateDow)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship picture format - 1/9/2013 11:19:29 PM   
MateDow

Glad that it worked for you. I only remembered that I had the same problem.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ship picture format Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI