Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Returning Wargamer

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Returning Wargamer Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Returning Wargamer - 1/7/2013 8:42:18 PM   
PZAndy

Hi all - I own WITP the vanilla version and would like to know is AE a vast upgrade and better as a whole? I did enjoy the communities artpacks for the original Fremens work and Andrew Browns maps were special - do you still have those guys doing fab stuffs?
I havent played a hex war game in 6 years so I will be throwing myself into the deep end!
Any recommendations or links greatly appreciated - Thanks.

I did have an old forum account but I cannot remember the pass user or email lol so i am starting anew.

Is Terminus still around?
Post #: 1
RE: Returning Wargamer - 1/7/2013 9:10:48 PM   
jeffk3510

Welcome back. Too many things to list about AE being better (IMO) than WiTP. So much more support, better gameplay, more units/planes..etc, the game itself is much easier to control and play now with all of the improvements. Look at some screenshots of changing orders for airgroups vs the old style just for example. I was reluctant to switch at first, but I am glad I did.

Another simple example is the ability to set waypoints for your fleets. Patrol zones for your subs with ease. You can also sort leaders by each category to find the right leader for your for all units/groups...just little things like that. You can quickly see the morale, TOE strength, and EXP for example in one screenshot of all of the units at the currently selected location. These are a few of the many wonderful additions that are small in size, but really improve the gameplay.

Playing the game with all of the improvements makes it much, much more playable, less time consuming, and more enjoyable than stock WiTP.

As for T..he hasn't been around for some time.

< Message edited by jeffk3510 -- 1/7/2013 9:14:13 PM >

Follow our WiTPAE team PBEM game against bilbow and hartwig.modrow http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2965846&mpage=1&key=?

Follow my WITPAE PBEM game against Schanilec. http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3495605

(in reply to PZAndy)
Post #: 2
RE: Returning Wargamer - 1/7/2013 10:47:19 PM   
pompack

I don't recall anyone ever mentioning on either the AE or the WitP forum that they bought AE but still play old WitP.

Personally I didn't even finish an ongoing WitP game but convinced my opponent to get AE and start the game over as AE.

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 3
RE: Returning Wargamer - 1/9/2013 3:21:50 PM   
General Patton

There are alot of very good improvements, but the one i liked the most was the waypoints. in the old game i would send a tf to a point and write down the info and later send that tf to its destination or another point on the map, and so on. AE is MUCH better.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Returning Wargamer Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI