Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie Question about AIR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Newbie Question about AIR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 1:31:14 PM   
spilbuster

Am playing the Russians atm and am having a problem getting the fighters to fly - even after reading previous posts lol

Have put into reserve all the bombers and have spread the fighters throughout the various commands and AF designations - VVS/PKO etc but nothing is flying, only to intercept enemy recon AC

When the turn comes for German combat they just sit on the field and get slaughtered during an af strike but do cover our own offensive. even playing about with all the figures in the table i get nowhere - any ideas?? what do other people use that has had results?? have i got the fighters in the correct AF's. the bases havent been moved, and are sitting 3/4 hexes behind the fron with support up around the 8/9.

its just a shame the simple Air combat assignments used in WITP:AE cant be used, i.e CAP level, LRCAP,DISTANCE, etc
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 1:34:11 PM   
carlkay58

What time period? The Soviet air force is almost worthless in the summer of 1941 and only starts to become semi-active in October while not becoming totally efficient until mid 42.

(in reply to spilbuster)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 1:57:05 PM   
Deserted Fox

What are your Air Doctrines set to?

For the Russians on things like fighters intercepting, I have 300%

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 2:47:15 PM   
SigUp

Like already said, get intercepting up to 300% and have enough fighters concentrated. Furthermore, lower the percentage required to fly. But don't expect miracles. In one battle in August 41 I had 155 fighters showing up (against 60 german fighters and 48 bombers), I lost 20 machines for 2 German fighters and 5 bombers.

(in reply to Deserted Fox)
Post #: 4
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 9:16:59 PM   
Maximeba

quote:

Like already said, get intercepting up to 300% and have enough fighters concentrated. Furthermore, lower the percentage required to fly. But don't expect miracles. In one battle in August 41 I had 155 fighters showing up (against 60 german fighters and 48 bombers), I lost 20 machines for 2 German fighters and 5 bombers.

I was under the impression you couldn't set air doctrine higher than 100%, if you did it would ground the air units. Reading rule 16.4, "Air doctrine settings over 100 are allowed, although for percent required to fly, anything over 100%would mean no air group units would be available, resulting in no air missions of any kind being conducted."

Wes
Allies Forever

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 5
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 11:17:07 PM   
carlkay58

The Air Doctrine is very difficult to figure out in this game. The Percent Required to Fly is straight forward. If the squadron does not have at least this percentage of aircraft ready to fly, it will not fly. So if you have it set higher than 100%, the squadron will NEVER have over 100% ready to fly and will not fly anything. The rest of the settings are a percentage of the number of airplanes that the AI would fly in the mission. You can set these ratings from 0% to 300%. Most of us put the Percent Required to Fly down to 5-10% and raise the Interception ratings to 300%.

(in reply to Maximeba)
Post #: 6
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/6/2013 11:32:02 PM   
Maximeba

quote:

The Air Doctrine is very difficult to figure out in this game. The Percent Required to Fly is straight forward. If the squadron does not have at least this percentage of aircraft ready to fly, it will not fly. So if you have it set higher than 100%, the squadron will NEVER have over 100% ready to fly and will not fly anything. The rest of the settings are a percentage of the number of airplanes that the AI would fly in the mission. You can set these ratings from 0% to 300%. Most of us put the Percent Required to Fly down to 5-10% and raise the Interception ratings to 300%.

Carkay58, Thank you for the explanation. Whenever I'm sure I think I knowt something, I only begin to realize how little I know.

Wes
Allies Forever

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 7
RE: Newbie Question about AIR - 1/7/2013 12:21:14 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Maximeba

quote:

Carkay58, Thank you for the explanation. Whenever I'm sure I think I knowt something, I only begin to realize how little I know.

I am still tring to figure it out.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

(in reply to Maximeba)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Newbie Question about AIR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI