Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/5/2013 6:45:43 PM   
fentum

Hello chaps,

Just finished two games of The Gap using the new 1.15 beta. The Group Actions seem to work a lot better, and the board style maps and counters are great.

I was, however, having a problem. I had classic AP selected, but persistent AP was being implemented.

Any similar issues or any suggestion?

Post #: 1
RE: 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/5/2013 10:24:44 PM   
ericbabe

Thanks for the report. Would you please double-check the mission screen (clicking on the icon of the leader at the upper right) and scroll down to the preferences section at the end to make sure that Classic APs are indeed selected?

Once you start a game, changing the rules from the main menu won't change the rules that are used within a saved game; saved games should always use the rules that you had chosen when the game was begun. I don't know whether this is part of what you are seeing or not.

(in reply to fentum)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/5/2013 11:21:22 PM   
fentum

Thanks for the suggestion.

I checked and after clicking on the leader button, the parameters do indeed show persistent AP.

What is weird is that I had classic chosen on the initial menu at the start of the game. I have never saved a game, always played to finish, so it isn't a saved game issue.

Any suggestions?

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/5/2013 11:29:28 PM   
VR_IronFist

I have had this happen also. In the Rules Options I would change from Persistent APs to Classic APs, then go play a game and it would still be using Persistent APs. My workaround is when I change a Rule Option, I change it multiple times, basically cycle through its options more than once before stopping on what I want. When I've done that, it's always played as desired.

(in reply to fentum)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/5/2013 11:56:54 PM   
fentum

Hi VR_Ironfist,

That is very funny. Prior to reading your post, I just tried exactly that. Finished the play of The Gap, then checked main menu again. Definitely classic. Thought I'd just click it several times to see if it's a 'sticky switch'. Is that even possible?

Going to start a new game now... I'll keep you posted...

Oh dear - it remained in persistent AP mode even though I clicked several times and ended at classic AP in Rules Options.

< Message edited by fentum -- 1/6/2013 12:01:55 AM >

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/6/2013 12:47:02 AM   
VR_IronFist

Hi fentum, that has not happened to me. I just played a game of Classic AP with my friend and it worked fine. I did have it on Persistent from playing the AI, cycled through it a few times since it's a binary, and it showed up as Classic in the lobber as per Eric and was so in the game. Hmmm...

(in reply to fentum)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue - 1/6/2013 5:55:01 PM   
fentum

NEWSFLASH

Just played General Petrov and Classic AP worked fine.

Couldn't figure out how to use the mortars, though. But that's MY tactical stupidity, not the game

(in reply to VR_IronFist)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Tech Support >> 1.15 Beta -classic vs persistent AP issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI