Matrix Games Forums

Hannibal: Terror of Rome goes into BetaBattle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and Salute
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.06 ZOC Cost Not Working

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Tech Support >> 1.06 ZOC Cost Not Working Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.06 ZOC Cost Not Working - 1/3/2013 11:44:28 PM   
Omnius

I'm just starting a game of the 1945 scenario and was just putzing around thinking up a good American first turn move. I decided to test the movement cost for ZOC since I've always been dubious that it works in either Time of Fury or Strategic War in Europe. I've discovered that I am correct, the cost of moving into enemy ZOC is not working properly.

I have the American tank corp starting at Munich. On turn 1 I want to move it up into the front line near Prague. I move the unit out of hex 34,21 as that is my destination I want for the tank corp. The hex in between, hex 33,22, is Plains and Clear weather. The hex 34,21 that I want to move to is Plains and the weather is Raining. I calculate that to move from Munich to hex 34,21 should cost me 4 AP's. However when I make the move it only costs me 3 AP's, I have one left when I know I shouldn't.

I should spend 1 AP to move to hex 33,22 and 3 AP to move into hex 34,21. That would be 1 AP for the Plains hex, 1 AP for the Rainy weather and 1 AP for the ZOC cost. The ZOC cost is not being calculated. I know weather costs are being calculated.

I sure hope you'll fix this problem soon for both SWiE and ToF. I've played with ToF and have always felt like the ZOC cost was not being calculated but didn't bother to test that out, the beta testers should have nailed this long ago. Now in SWiE I decided to really put it to the test and sure enough I was right, the ZOC cost is not being calculated when first entering ZOC. The only time I felt that ZOC cost was being calculated in ToF was moving from ZOC hex to ZOC hex, but I never really tested it thoroughly since I shouldn't have to.

One other thing to remember is when you put things like ZOC costs into the manual make sure to consider how they'll look when printed out. While the background stuff might look nifty on screen, on black and white paper it is very difficult to read. I have to break out my reading magnifier to read it easier. Bigger type would be nice as well for us older geezers.
Omnius
Post #: 1
RE: 1.06 ZOC Cost Not Working - 1/4/2013 7:30:47 AM   
doomtrader

I just checked and for me it looks like the ZOC is working correctly.
To be sure the ZOC penalty is calculated not when you moving into the enemy ZOC, but when you are moving within emeny ZOC.

Please check again, I can try to make a video later today

(in reply to Omnius)
Post #: 2
Be More Specific Please - 1/4/2013 4:46:30 PM   
Omnius

doomtrader,
Are you saying that just moving into enemy ZOC from a hex with no enemy ZOC does not cost an AP? Was I correct in feeling that the only time the ZOC movement cost is applied is when moving from one ZOC hex to another adjacent ZOC hex? If so then the manual is extremely deficient in explaining this, please correct the manual to make this point clear for all. The movement cost table is not clear about this distinction and the manual does not explain this at all. I suspected this might be the case so I decided to pose the question to finally get a definitive answer.

I find your manual to be very deficient in many areas. How am I to know how many turns ships can remain at sea before gaining a penalty for being at sea too long? I know that can change during the scenairo depending on answer to event questions but we need to have some basic idea of how many turns ships can stay at sea before penalties set in. I finally found it for ToF looking at some data files but don't remember which one told me that info. How many a-bombs do I get for any scenario once I finish research? There should be a set of tables that give us some idea of how things work, some things may need to go into the scenario description since they'll be scenario specific and could change from scenario to scenario.
Omnius

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Tech Support >> 1.06 ZOC Cost Not Working Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI