1.06 Bug Reports

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: doomtrader

Omnius

1.06 Bug Reports

Post by Omnius »

I've played the 1.06 exe with the 1945 scenario and have a few bugs to report.

When I have Fog of War on I can click on hexes in unseen enemy territory that have a unit in it a blank unit box pops up, when I click on an empty unseen hex the popup box disappears. The unit popup box is blank but it does tell you a unit is there even if it doesn't reveal what that unit is or what it has.

When I use a strategic bomber for nuclear attacks I can do as many as I want and still have one attack left to do a regular strategic bombing. Making an atomic bomb attack does not reduce the number of AP's. I could a-bomb attack and then move or do more a-bomb attacks and then a regular attack. I think that strategic bombers should use an Action Point for every nuclear bomb attack it makes.

I have never seen a strategic bomber making an atomic bomb attack ever be intercepted even though there are eligible enemy fighters capable of doing so. I've seen strategic bombers get intercepted doing regular strategic bombing attacks but never doing atomic bomb attacks. I would like to think that a-bomb attacks can be intercepted.

When I made USA Atomic Bomb attacks they do not reflect losses. The report shows that units have been eliminated but none of the losses are tallied to show up in the losses dealt and taken list under the reports section. I think that the report tells us which units are eliminated but it does tally up the losses at the bottom, that could be why there is no reporting of A-bomb losses in the report section. I did the atomic bomb attack early on so could see the losses didn't get added, especially since one of the units was a Polish Army and no Polish losses were reported in the losses dealt or taken report.

I also had a strange happening with atomic bomb results on reducing production points. I a-bombed Lvov early on and the PP's went down to 5. Some turns later I noticed that Lvov was showing 4/10 PP's. Somehow the denominator changed back to the original 10 from what was supposed to be a permanent loss of 5 so that the denominator shouldn't go back up. I did atomic bomb Lvov a second time since I was interested in killing a bunch of units around it and I did do a regular strategic bombing. I think it was the regular strategic bombing that made the denominator change back. I'm going to test this again in my next game and watch more carefully to give you a better report and saved game files to show the problem.

The damage caused by atomic bomb attacks is wrong. The manual says that the unit in the hex a-bombed gets eliminated while the units in surrounding hexes get damaged. Every unit in every hex I a-bombed (a good dozen) was eliminated, didn't matter if it was in the hex or adjacent. That's way too much damage considering that the hexes are 100 miles across. Even in Time of Fury with 30 mile hexes damage should not spread to adjacent hexes. An atomic bomb has about a 6 mile blast radius max, and probably less since these are the very early versions. Even with radiation sickness the damage doesn't really extend beyond one hex on either scale. I really hate games (like Hearts of Iron) that make atomic bombs cause way too much damage, would like to see SWiE and ToF bring some kind of sanity to a-bomb damage. Both games should have a one hex damage radius maximum. In ToF units would be eliminated in the bombed hex while in SWiE units would be damaged. I think damage was about right for PP reduction of the a-bombed hex. I would halve the Social Unrest damage numbers, the 20% and 10% numbers seem too high and cause too much long term damage.

One tactic I can think of for the 1945 scenario as the USA is to use nukes to clear out enemy formations around cities. After gathering up a few nukes by around turn 5 an American player could nuke Berlin to help the Brits and then nuke Prague and Vienna to clear out the Soviet/Warsaw Pact units around those cities. Since the a-bombs kill every unit in or adjacent to the a-bombed hex an American player could virtually open up the line from Prague to Vienna and then move in. Is this really what you intended? Way too many a-bombs coming in, one each turn. Considering the map scale it would take quite a few a-bombs to cause that kind of damage on this map scale.

I also see possibilities for using nukes to open up invasion fronts. I was thinking that I could nuke Koenigsberg and clear out all the hexes around it so that an American or British amphibious invasion would have no units to fight to get ashore. There should be some kind of rule to prevent units from moving into nuclear bombed cities on the turn they are nuked. They should be damaged too since the radiation lingers. I just think the damage is way too much for the map scale used since every unit in or adjacent to an a-bombed hex gets eliminated instead of the adjacent ones just getting damaged.
Omnius

Return to “Tech Support”