Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

some questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> some questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
some questions - 1/2/2013 8:12:26 PM   
npsergio

Hi all, here they are some noob questions:
- What happend with the wounded pilots? Do they return to their original units, or do they go to a pool to replace the units wich need them?
- How do you play with Switzerland? The game lets you fly over Switzerland, but it seems to me a bit gamey... Do you restrict the flying over Switzerland with house rules (in a human vs human, of course), or do you fly without restrictions?
- My opponent (the allied side) have noticed that his raids into the Rumanian's oilfields usually ends with a bombing over a "gosth objective" (I can´t explain it better). Is it a bug, or is it only bad luck? I also have noticed that in his raids over Stutgart the bombs had fallen over a rocket engine fabrik two or three times that he sent a raid to a nearby aviation fabrik; the rocket engine fabrik is still off-line (a gosth objective also). Is it bad luck again, lack of reccon...?
- My opponent (allied side) tells me that he have some units with a LOT of pilots, but usually only fly a reduced group. Is that ok?
- How do the elint night bombers works (to get data)?
- Can anyone tell me how do the different night war devices works in the game? i.e. to use properly the Gee/whatever you have to... etc
- I have read somewhere in the forum that the single engine nightfighters will be replaced with Bf-109G14 and Fw190a7 (or 8, I can´t remember). I still have not Bf-109G14, but I have a pool of about 70 Fw190a7, and only it was upgraded a nightfighter Stab unit. Have I to have a number of planes into the pool before the upgraded is done? I know that the Bf109G6 are used to replace allied fighters (Ga, etc) when I have over 500 planes in the pool, so I think that probably it's the same for the nightfigter Fw190? I need more daylight fighters!
If I have some other questions I'll post them latter.
Thanks in advance! and Happy New Year (and happy next patch).
Post #: 1
RE: some questions - 1/3/2013 10:03:01 AM   
cohimbra

quote:

ORIGINAL: npsergio
Hi all, here they are some noob questions:
- What happend with the wounded pilots? Do they return to their original units, or do they go to a pool to replace the units wich need them?

...and here there is only one noob response (for the other questions wait
for some 'guru'):
-They return to their original units, and if you see the message 'pilot *
bails out and wounded (16)' it means that he return in 16 days.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 2
RE: some questions - 1/6/2013 7:53:48 AM   
npsergio

Thank you Cohimbra...
Maybe you know more about this question.
Just an example:
I.e. I have a unit, an Eprobungs with 12 me-262 wonder weapons with 12 planes and 12 pilots. I had sustained some losses and I have now 4 high experienced pilots wounded. Also I had 4 more killed. So now I have 4 experienced pilots active along with 8 green pilots (12 pilots actives). Let's asume that two of the wounded return to the unit... What will happend? Will 2 of the green pilots return to the replacement pool, or do the unit have now the 12 active pilots (4 experienced, 8 green) AND the 2 returned ones (2 experienced), so a total of 14 pilots?

Thanks in advance!

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 3
RE: some questions - 1/7/2013 2:35:33 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

Thank you Cohimbra...
Maybe you know more about this question.
Just an example:
I.e. I have a unit, an Eprobungs with 12 me-262 wonder weapons with 12 planes and 12 pilots. I had sustained some losses and I have now 4 high experienced pilots wounded. Also I had 4 more killed. So now I have 4 experienced pilots active along with 8 green pilots (12 pilots actives). Let's asume that two of the wounded return to the unit... What will happend? Will 2 of the green pilots return to the replacement pool, or do the unit have now the 12 active pilots (4 experienced, 8 green) AND the 2 returned ones (2 experienced), so a total of 14 pilots?

Thanks in advance!

Well...it's difficult to response to your question because there are also the
replacement pilots to consider; I have some JG with 30 aircrafts and 45/50 pilots,
some newby some expert, some new-entry some assigned to squadron by default.
It's not easy to track all the pilots, but I think (I think) that when you take
replacements and your pilots WIA return, all stay here. But I'm not sure about that.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 4
RE: some questions - 1/8/2013 4:12:47 AM   
harley

correct. once a pilot is assigned to a unit he's there till he dies. We don't have a tour of duty or a reassignment option. If the roster is full then returning pilots just increase the organisational size of the unit, but not the combat size.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 5
RE: some questions - 2/21/2013 9:50:48 PM   
cohimbra

quote:

- Can anyone tell me how do the different night war devices works in the game?
i.e. to use properly the Gee/whatever you have to... etc

Ok, I try to give you some useful info about night equipment, both allied and
axis: this is what you can find in old Talonsoft version of the game, maybe
something has changed, maybe not. But it's the best (and only) info I found
(obviously, if I understand what you're looking for, my understanding of english
language is very very basic):

Naxos - radar detector, carried by German Night Fighters
Used to home in on H2S radar, which is commonly carried by British pathfinder bombers.
max detection range: 10 miles
effectiveness: 50

FuG 202 - aircraft radar, earliest version of the German airborne radar
Airborne radar fitted in Axis night-fighters.
max detection range: 2 miles
effectiveness: 8* [the asterisks (*) indicates that this radar's effectiveness is
greatly reduced by 'Window', which were clouds of aluminum strips used to jam Axis
search radar.]

FuG 212 - aircraft radar
Similar to FuG 202, improved range and effectiveness.
max detection range: 2.5 miles
effectiveness: 9*

FuG 220 SN-2 - aircraft radar
Airborne radar fitted in Axis night-fighters. Immune to jamming by 'Window'.
max detection range: 4 miles
effectiveness: 40

FuG 240 Berlin - aircraft radar
derived from a captured H2S radar. Immune to jamming by 'Window'.
max detection range: 5 miles
[Note: Not available until 1945]

AI Mk.IV - aircraft radar
Airborne radar fitted in Allied night-fighters.
max detection range: 3 miles
effectiveness: 30

AI Mk.VII - aircraft radar
max detection range: 4 miles
effectiveness: 40

AI Mk.X - aircraft radar
max detection range: 9 miles

H2S - aircraft navigation radar
Airborne ground-mapping radar fitted in British pathfinder bombers.
effectiveness: 55

H2X - aircraft navigation radar
Airborne ground-mapping radar fitted in American pathfinder bombers.
effectiveness: 60

Oboe - aircraft navigation system
Airborne navigation system using radio beams for precision bombing in poor visibility.
max range: 300 miles from friendly base (the beams are actually projected from the
airfield and are effective only within the indicated miles; any aircraft performing
missions outside their Oboe range will not benefit from the navigation system).
effectiveness: 65

Serrate - radar detector
Used to home in on FuG 212 radar.
Somewhat effective against other airborne radars.
effectiveness: 50 vs FuG 212 (10 vs other airborne radars)

Serrate IV - radar detector
Used to home in on FuG 220 SN-2 radar.
Also effective against other airborne radars.
effectiveness: 50 vs FuG 220 (40 vs other airborne radars)

Jostle - radio jammer
Used to jam radio frequencies used by Axis ground controllers directing night-fighter
interceptions.
max range: 100 miles
effectiveness: 20
[Note: If a night fighter is within 100 miles from a unit with Jostle radio jammers,
its communication ability might be jammed, and you will lose control of the unit
for as long as the jamming is in effect.]

Mandrel - radar jammer
Used to jam radar frequencies used by Axis ground search radars.
effectiveness: 20
[Note: Effective use of these jammers is represented on the map with small red circles
appearing around Axis radar stations.]

Piperack - radar jammer
Used to jam FuG 220 SN-2 airborne radar.
Also effective against other airborne radars.
max range: 20 miles
effectiveness: 15 vs FuG 220 (10 vs other airborne radars)

ELINT receivers - radio intelligence equipment
Used to gather information on Axis radio and radar transmissions.
Such information eventually led to development of devices to jam radars and disrupt Axis communications.
effectiveness: 25

You can find this txt file somewhere in the forum...found! the link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2315172
And you can find another info about allied radar, RCM and ECM in this
thread: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2274148

quote:

- I have read somewhere in the forum that the single engine nightfighters will be replaced with Bf-109G14 and Fw190a7 (or 8, I can´t remember). I still have not Bf-109G14, but I have a pool of about 70 Fw190a7, and only it was upgraded a nightfighter Stab unit. Have I to have a number of planes into the pool before the upgraded is done? I know that the Bf109G6 are used to replace allied fighters (Ga, etc) when I have over 500 planes in the pool, so I think that probably it's the same for the nightfigter Fw190? I need more daylight fighters!

The only info I have about that is in the .PDF posted by Nicholas Bell at this link:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2376274
In the table you can find all the upgrade path and the date that they become available,
very very very helpful. Reading that pdf it seems that after 1/44 you can upgrade your
night fighters Fw 190A-5/N in day fighter Fw 190A-8/R8 (I think is the R7 version whit
30mm Cannon MK108 instead of the 20mm Cannon MG151).
Hope this help whit your (and, why not, whit mine) game!

< Message edited by cohimbra -- 2/21/2013 10:07:23 PM >

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 6
RE: some questions - 2/21/2013 10:11:17 PM   
npsergio

Thanks again.

About the nightfighters... Yes, I know that. Even one stab unit have changed planes, but it stopped to change planes. I mean, only one stab changed planes (I think that it's the 300JG/Stab). That's why I think that you need one or two other requirements:
1. or planes will change from a given date (obviously it's not january 44, but later, because I'm on april 44 and only one stab upgraded),
2. or you need a stock of Fw-190A8 in order to upgrade planes (axis allies fighters upgrade to Bf109 when you have more than 500 Bf109 in stock)
Sadly I'm not sure.
In the pdf it seems that the Bf109 nightfighters only upgrades to Bf109G14, so it will be later in my game. I hope that the FWs will upgrade in that date too, as I ned dayfighters in numbers!

< Message edited by npsergio -- 2/22/2013 7:07:07 AM >

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> some questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI